[SOLVED] Guys please help me, my intel i7 10700F says I have 4 cores, 8 logical processors, and 8 enabled cores. Also, the cpu temp gets to almost 80c.

Gunner7772

Commendable
Sep 16, 2021
I’m having problems with my cpu it says I have 4 cores, 8 logical processors, and 8 enabled cores, but I’m worried about my temperature and that my cpu only has 4 cores. Please help me

Solution
Run msconfig. On the Boot tab press the Advanced options... button. Make sure the Number of processors box is not checked. Press OK. After you exit out of msconfig you will need to reboot so Windows can find all available cores and threads.

I’m worried about my temperature
After all 8 cores and 16 threads are enabled, you will have a lot more heat to worry about. What heatsink do you have?
Run msconfig. On the Boot tab press the Advanced options... button. Make sure the Number of processors box is not checked. Press OK. After you exit out of msconfig you will need to reboot so Windows can find all available cores and threads.

I’m worried about my temperature
After all 8 cores and 16 threads are enabled, you will have a lot more heat to worry about. What heatsink do you have?

Solution

Gunner7772

Commendable
Sep 16, 2021

I have a stock cpu cooler

Gunner7772

Commendable
Sep 16, 2021
If you don't mind, update the bios to the latest then load optimized/default settings, and see if windows detect it as 8 cores 16 threads. also please use a better cooler, that cpu is a beefer
my pc is already running on 8 cores 16 threads and if you don't mind me asking what would the bios do or would it reset anything

my pc is already running on 8 cores 16 threads
Did you use msconfig to fix the problem you were having? Did you mark that answer as solving your problem? That will help the next person that has this same problem.

The Intel cooler is junk but if you are only going to run your 10700F at default settings, the Intel cooler might be good enough. It is completely inadequate if you want maximum performance.

Your CPU has a default 65W TDP rating.

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/u...0700f-processor-16m-cache-up-to-4-80-ghz.html

When fully loaded, the 10700F will be forced to slow down significantly so it does not exceed 65W. If you want maximum performance, you need a much better cooler and you will need to increase the turbo power limits. If you cannot find the power limit settings in the BIOS, you can use ThrottleStop to increase your turbo power limits. I recommend getting a better cooler first.

https://www.techpowerup.com/download/techpowerup-throttlestop/

vCNmMRD.png

Gunner7772

Commendable
Sep 16, 2021
Did you use msconfig to fix the problem you were having? Did you mark that answer as solving your problem? That will help the next person that has this same problem.

The Intel cooler is junk but if you are only going to run your 10700F at default settings, the Intel cooler might be good enough. It is completely inadequate if you want maximum performance.

Your CPU has a default 65W TDP rating.

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/u...0700f-processor-16m-cache-up-to-4-80-ghz.html

When fully loaded, the 10700F will be forced to slow down significantly so it does not exceed 65W. If you want maximum performance, you need a much better cooler and you will need to increase the turbo power limits. If you cannot find the power limit settings in the BIOS, you can use ThrottleStop to increase your turbo power limits. I recommend getting a better cooler first.

https://www.techpowerup.com/download/techpowerup-throttlestop/

vCNmMRD.png
I got the arctic 34 esports duo!

Reactions: Koekieezz
I got the arctic 34 esports duo!
I just installed one of these on a friend's computer. It is nice and quiet when lightly loaded. Cooling is adequate for a 6 core 10600K running a 4.8 GHz all core overclock.

For a 10700F, it will be OK if you leave the long term turbo power limit to the default 125W value. The eSports Duo has a 210W rating. I think this cooler would struggle to keep an Intel CPU from thermal throttling if it was allowed to run at 200W.

Reactions: Koekieezz

TRENDING THREADS