[GW] Not doing quite as well as they hoped . . .

Yeah, but this one's been a long time coming, I've been waiting for the
news to drop... They don't have the customers, and they can't afford to
raise prices, that's what the last one was for. They kept up the
license on Lord of the Rings to keep new customers coming in. They'll
hope to ride it out, get some new kids, and hope a new Pokemon-like fad
doesn't come down in the near future.

--Chris

"Craig Little" <craig.little@gmail.com> wrote in message

> "M Roberts" <unknown@thisaddress.com> wrote in message
>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4408763.stm
>>
>> Cheers, Martyn
>>
> Guess this means a whole new round of staff cuts & price rises!

that won't actually make any difference; there's a widespread slump across a
lot of retail sectors at the moment, and compared to some GW is probably
still doing pretty well. I think they'll most likely just ride this one
out, staff cuts are possible but raising prices would probably only
exacerbate the problem and I'm sure they know it.