GW Shares set to plummet

It finally hits... been waiting for this...

--Chris

"Chris Valera" <grimdarkness@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> It finally hits... been waiting for this...
>
> --Chris

Article quote..."Games Workshop also said it remained "a highly profitable
and cash generative business"..."

Nice to know what REALLY generates price hikes...

"Eric A. Johnson" <vze1mx2h@verizon.net> wrote in message

> "Chris Valera" <grimdarkness@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> It finally hits... been waiting for this...
>>
>> --Chris

Doing fine in the USA

"Chris Valera" <grimdarkness@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<1112649155.466229.3230@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>...
> It finally hits... been waiting for this...
>
> --Chris

If you're hoping for GW to get a wake-up call over this, you'll be
waiting a long time - as the article points out this is part of a
trend among the major retailers (i.e. the ones financial journalists
pay attention to) in the UK, and most of the others mentioned aren't
particularly infamous for price hikes. This isn't a reaction to GW's
price hikes (in fact the last UK price hike occurred back when
Warhammer Armies: High Elves was released for 6th Ed., and news of the
hike due this month hasn't been around long enough to affect share
prices). More likely it's just an early sign of a European economic
slowdown and possible recession.

Philip Bowles

Philip Bowles wrote:
> "Chris Valera" <grimdarkness@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > It finally hits... been waiting for this...
> >
> > --Chris
>
> If you're hoping for GW to get a wake-up call over this, you'll be
> waiting a long time - as the article points out this is part of a
> trend among the major retailers (i.e. the ones financial journalists
> pay attention to) in the UK, and most of the others mentioned aren't
> particularly infamous for price hikes. This isn't a reaction to GW's
> price hikes (in fact the last UK price hike occurred back when
> Warhammer Armies: High Elves was released for 6th Ed., and news of
the
> hike due this month hasn't been around long enough to affect share
> prices). More likely it's just an early sign of a European economic
> slowdown and possible recession.

Okay, maybe I'm wrong, but I still stand by what I said:

-----

Yeah, but this one's been a long time coming, I've been waiting for the

news to drop... They don't have the customers, and they can't afford to

raise prices, that's what the last one was for. They kept up the
license on Lord of the Rings to keep new customers coming in. They'll
hope to ride it out, get some new kids, and hope a new Pokemon-like fad

doesn't come down in the near future.

-----

Notice the release schedules have been slowed down as well. Oh yeah,
and don't forget the SIX MILLION DOLLAR LOSS from Warhammer Online.
Wouldn't want to forget *that*...

It's great, the stock's been dropping 1-3% every other day every 3-4
days, then rallying a half a point or so back up. Also they've been
blaming some of the losses on the "new" Memphis plant.

I'm not one of those people that constantly jumps on them (the 7% loss
was negligible and corrected quickly) or thinks they're going to go out
of business, or that the CEO will be fired.

(Well, unless it lasts for a year or so.)

Just that they better hope those $50 boxes of Space Marine Terminators
save their ass...

--Chris