GX Gaming Sub hoover not working with media and gaming

Christo_4

Commendable
Sep 6, 2016
Hi all,

Today I bought the SW G-5.1 3500 GX Gaming sound system. I have setup all the wires as required. When I'm testing the speakers through Realtek audio manager, or windows' audio configuration, the sub-woofer plays back fine. Although when I play games or listen to music the sub does not play at all. Only when I swap the center and subwoofer, the subwoofer then acts as the center. Other than that, there's no output from the sub.

Thank you

Solution
what motherboard are you using? have you checked you have latest version of Realtek HD Manager?

Have you unplugged cables on PC and plugged in again? the input at back of PC is likely to be just centre/woofer on one connector so it makes no sense you get one speaker and not other. there is only one output on back of subwoofer too. I would have suggested digital audio to check what windows did then but you don't have that option.

PC can do odd things, i got new 5.1 speakers last year and spent 12 hours fighting windows to recognise all 5 speakers at once. Right towards end, left rear worked and right didn't, which made no sense since they both go into same input on PC. I had to unplug them and replug them in before Realtek recognised...

Colif

Win 11 Master
what motherboard are you using? have you checked you have latest version of Realtek HD Manager?

Have you unplugged cables on PC and plugged in again? the input at back of PC is likely to be just centre/woofer on one connector so it makes no sense you get one speaker and not other. there is only one output on back of subwoofer too. I would have suggested digital audio to check what windows did then but you don't have that option.

PC can do odd things, i got new 5.1 speakers last year and spent 12 hours fighting windows to recognise all 5 speakers at once. Right towards end, left rear worked and right didn't, which made no sense since they both go into same input on PC. I had to unplug them and replug them in before Realtek recognised them.

Speakers not configured as quadrophonic obviously as it uses centre channel, win 10 doesn't have a 4.1 setting scheme so its not that, or dual stereo either. MY speakers have a control panel I can set it to 5.1 without needing to meddle with realtek anymore.

I could say games might be set to something other than 5.1 but music players tend to use windows defaults so not sure.

Solution

Christo_4

Commendable
Sep 6, 2016

Hi there Colif.

First off thank you for reading my query. I have a H97 3 Gigabyte motherboard. Realtek is up to date. I'm basically pulling my hair from head. It makes no sense to me either. I'm going to try a few more things and I'll let you know whether it worked or not.

Thank you
Christo

Christo_4

Commendable
Sep 6, 2016

Thank you for the help Colif. I'm going to read through the links tonight. I will keep you posted.

Thank you very much