Question Gyazo - How do you stop it from popping up when it finishes auto-updating?

ShangWang

Reputable
Mar 26, 2021
I really only use this application for gifs I want to make on rare occasions and therefore disabled it up on start-up, but I noticed it popped out of nowhere when it finished updating despite that.

Does anyone know how to stop gyazo from ever running unless you open the application? Will it auto-update when you open it up again yourself manually or is the program that runs in the background essential for an update?

ShangWang

Reputable
Mar 26, 2021
funny how all the sites that have the lists also seem to put their software at number one.

i seen this recommended on a site other than its makers - https://www.screentogif.com/
Thanks! Do you know if this program has any kind of auto-update process running in the background all the time, or does it only update when you open it? So far it looks like a way better tool than gyzao for screen recording/gif making.

Colif

Win 11 Master
is program safe?

Well, I'm the developer of ScreenToGif. So even if I say that it is safe and all, it's me saying.
Anyway, here's the privacy policy: https://www.screentogif.com/privacy
Also, the source code is available for you to browse: https://github.com/NickeManarin/ScreenToGif/
Btw, check that the ScreenToGif.exe file has a digital signature (it means that you downloaded from the right place).

Nothing is shared unless you manually do so.
And it's obvious that you are going to share, for example, to upload to Gfycat or ImgUr, you need to select that you wish to upload and it asks where.

link

unlike gyazo, I think its less likely to be a problem.

ShangWang

Reputable
Mar 26, 2021
bonus is if you were to link one here, and didn't use Gyazo, it would work.

Site blocks Gyazo links.
Sounds good, I don't think it has any way to upload gifs to their site so I'll just use imgur which is perfect.

Additionally do you know what exactly downloading gifski library does in the .exe if you've used it? Does it allow for gif creating or something else?

There's an option to check for updates on start-up, do you know if this applies ONLY when you manually open the app?

ShangWang

Reputable
Mar 26, 2021
And thats what I do with the Windows Snipping Tool.
Capture, save, upload to imgur.com.

Daily...often multiple times per day.
Do you also know any way to change the shortcut to something like shift + print screen?

I tried looking for a solution through snipping tool but apparently it's new version is snip and sketch.

ShangWang

Reputable
Mar 26, 2021
I don't know about shift+prtscr, but PrtScr works.

I just have it in my Taskbar.
Oh, I see. PrtScr does normally just copy the whole screen to your clipboard, but I was actually looking for a way to replace the ctrl + shift + windows key shortcut with something else on the snip & sketch tool.

I can't seem to find it's file location since it's a Microsoft app, so I was wondering if changing the shortcut through properties or some setting was possible.

USAFRet

Titan
Oh, I see. PrtScr does normally just copy the whole screen to your clipboard, but I was actually looking for a way to replace the ctrl + shift + windows key shortcut with something else on the snip & sketch tool.

I can't seem to find it's file location since it's a Microsoft app, so I was wondering if changing the shortcut through properties or some setting was possible.
Within the Snipping tool, there are multiple settings and options.
CmY2xe6.png