Gygabyte Motherboard stopped working

grarcher

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010
I am currently forced to change my MB due to the G1 sniper M3 having just stopped working.
I have tried to find a new replacement but it seems its to old but that now also applies to the LGA1155 socket and of course the processor. currently I7-3770K
This was a very fast PC due to having no HD using the OCZ revodrive 3 in the Pcie express slot.

So what upgrade and would I gain anything?

Most annoyingly I have a perfectly good working system I7-3770k cpu for which I note is still available new off Amazon but no board to fit it in or no new board available.

But this then escalates as it might mean new memory and water cooler block etc etc.

I am vert frustrated and being forced to sped large money if I want to have access to a pc which I cannot see is any real gain in performance.

Has anyone any idea's

Why are we so forced to always upgrade.why can we not get spares.

grarcher

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010
Although I had to use Ebay and found a Gigabyte GA Z77M-D3H it worked fine and now I have the speed back that I missed whilst using a slightly older system.
I have clocked the CPU to 3.9/4.0 Ghz and due to the OCZ revodrive 3 mounted in the Pcie slot instead of a HDD or SDD as the c:\ drive.
So a Ebay supplied MB for £70 gives me something a full upgrade with new MB Memory & CPU still would bot match. Costing oodles of £

I have also retained the water cooling EK Block and temps barely reach 39c