H.264 Hardware acceleration (Streaming)

teekay819

Reputable
Apr 8, 2016
I often go live stream on Discord, when my friends wants to watch gameplay walkthroughs.
Question about go live coding for faster and best quality, Discord video option has enable/disable H.264 Hardware acceleration.

What does enabling/disabling do?
enable or disable according to my specs?

Specs:

Ryzen 3600x stock
A320m s2h gigabyte
RX 5600 XT
16gb dual channel 3200mhz ddr4 ram

Enabling Hardware Acceleration uses your GPU to make Discord function smoother. It's recommended to be turned off if you experience frame drops in your games. You may need to restart your Discord in case it doesn't directly apply.

teekay819

Reputable
Apr 8, 2016
Enabling Hardware Acceleration uses your GPU to make Discord function smoother. It's recommended to be turned off if you experience frame drops in your games. You may need to restart your Discord in case it doesn't directly apply.
TY for replying so fast. No I am talking about H.264 hardware acceleration option in voice & video, not the one in appearance option. I know Enabling/disabling them has different outcome when you go live stream on Discord.

TY for replying so fast. No I am talking about H.264 hardware acceleration option in voice & video, not the one in appearance option. I know Enabling/disabling them has different outcome when you go live stream on Discord.
I think he is talking about the same thing,and if not then it's still the same answer,hardware 4.264 acceleration means that discord will use your GPU to do the streaming work.
While I haven't heard the greatest things about AMDs acceleration you can just try yourself which one works better for you,you do have enough CPU to not need to do hardware acceleration so it's up to you.