Question H100i CPU Cooler Running too Slow

XTRAsalty

Commendable
Sep 27, 2016
Hi, I have recently purchased a Corsair H100i Platinum cooler for my i9 9900k. I am unable to set the speed of the fan and it is only staying at 1000rpm. I turned off Q Fan in my BIOS and now every time I start up my PC, the fans hit max until it fully launches and prompts me to sign into my desktop. I have tried turning off any apps that may control fan speed and have even set the speed to max in Corsair Link and also ICUE. My Mobo is z390 Maximus XI Hero, everything is plugged in correctly and receiving the right amount of power and I am not sure what else could be causing it or how to set the speeds.

PdxPetmonster

Commendable
Mar 14, 2017
Not to throw the topic off point, but there's a recall on that AIO with a certain lot number (https://www.techspot.com/news/79452-corsair-recalls-h100i-rgb-platinum-se-coolers-due.html). I thought you might want to check that out.

So it's hitting max rpm until windows login, correct? If thats the case, then something within windows is dropping it down to 1000 rpm. Have you tried messing with the startup options and turning off each of those software's one by one by using msconfig?