Feb 14, 2019
I've recently upgraded my pc from nearly the ground up, (old cooler though) I haven't booted windows yet but I'm having problems with my CPU temperature.

I'm using a liquid cooler (Corsair h100i gtx) from my old build. The cpu fans are not registering on the BIOS but they are spinning and all LED lights are on, within 2-3 minutes of starting cpu temperatures hit 90. Not sure what to do.

CPU is 9700k
Thermal paste applied
Motherboard is Gigabyte Aorus pro wifi.

Solution
UPDATE
After installing a stock cooler and getting the same temperature readings I decided to install windows to get a second opinion which gave temperatures of about 50. I then installed my cooler and temperatures are now sitting at about 30 when idle.
Feb 14, 2019
This pump only draws power from the CPU header which is connected, tried different headers. I believe I've identified that the pump isn't moving the liquid, radiator stays cold and I can feel heat in the tubes but only close the the CPU.

BringerOfTea

Reputable
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z390-AORUS-PRO-WIFI-rev-10#support-manual

page 17

CPU_OPT (Water Cooling CPU Fan Header)
The fan header is 4-pin and possesses a foolproof insertion design. Most fan headers possess a foolproof insertion design. When connecting a fan cable, be sure to connect it in the correct orientation (the black connector wire is the ground wire). The speed control function requires the use of a fan with fan speed control design.

Feb 14, 2019
UPDATE
After installing a stock cooler and getting the same temperature readings I decided to install windows to get a second opinion which gave temperatures of about 50. I then installed my cooler and temperatures are now sitting at about 30 when idle.

Solution