H100i High Temps Stock i7 3770k (Coolant Temps 30C)

TheBoeing767fan

Honorable
Dec 1, 2013
Hello,

I recently built a PC and I decided to go with the i7 3770K. Since this is an unlocked chip I have all intentions of over-clocking it. I am using the Asus Maximus V Extreme motherboard, Corsair 800d Obsidian Full ATX Tower Case and the Corsair H100i for cooling.

I have been having temperature problems ever since the day I turned on the computer. At first I had temps at full load at around 80C. I bought some Arctic Silver 5 and reseated the water black. My temps went down to around 60C on full load however over a period of a week, It climbed to around 67C on full load. The temperatures of each individual core are also all over the place. Ex. Core 0 57C, Core 1 65C Core 2 68C and Core 3 60C.

Once again, I took off the water block and this time I noticed the rear bracket was in the wrong position. I fixed that and I added some washers to the mounting system. Everything looked fine until I ran Prime 95 and the temps were the same as before if not worse.

****I tested all the components of the H100i and everything works. A bad pump cannot be the cause of these temps.*********

*****These tests were performed on a stock i7 3770k.********

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Solution

diazalon

Honorable
May 12, 2013

Make sure its mounted well and clean off the thermal paste with isopropal alcohol and re apply some high end one like Artic MX-4 and see how it runs.

Solution