[SOLVED] H100i Platinum - One Fan RPM Low

Feb 24, 2020
Hello all!

I have a i7-9700 with a Asus Prime Z390P mobo , and I replaced the stock cooler with the Corsair H100i RGB Platinum. I've observed an abnormal behaviour with my cooler:

Fan #1's RPM is normal, but Fan #2's RPM is half of Fan #2. Example is when #1 is 10xx RPM while #2 is 5xx RPM, and I can't get even get #2 to get past (which is like around 1600). Until I find a solution, I had to manually adjust the speed with iCUE, which it didn't really fix the problem. I went to the store to get a new ML120 RGB fan for #2, only to see the exact same thing, no fix! Going to buy GTAV soon and the last thing I want is my CPU getting a high fever.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Have a great day/evening depending on your timezone! ;)

Last edited:
Solution
A locked cpu 'getting a fever' on a 240mm AIO...:rolleyes:
If it were a 9900K instead, THEN you'd have a problem.

Uninstall iCUE, set fan and pump curves in bios, and check fan speeds with Speedfan or HWINFO.
You'll most likely lose RGB control, but both fans should be running at about the same speed.

It's the software doing it, by the way.

I don't think you really need to change or do anything. A 240mm AIO isn't going to strain itself on a 9700 non-K.
iCUE is slowing down the 2nd fan to save power and reduce noise; it doesn't NEED to run any faster.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
A locked cpu 'getting a fever' on a 240mm AIO...:rolleyes:
If it were a 9900K instead, THEN you'd have a problem.

Uninstall iCUE, set fan and pump curves in bios, and check fan speeds with Speedfan or HWINFO.
You'll most likely lose RGB control, but both fans should be running at about the same speed.

It's the software doing it, by the way.

I don't think you really need to change or do anything. A 240mm AIO isn't going to strain itself on a 9700 non-K.
iCUE is slowing down the 2nd fan to save power and reduce noise; it doesn't NEED to run any faster.

Solution

Randi Poling

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2014
Do as the other person said. Uninstall, but use CCleaner to clear out any straggling files, reboot, re-install the iCue software though. and try that (if you want the RGB controls). Also, try swapping the fans connections to the Coolers... System? (whatever you want to call it). Do the fans still Act like they previously did after the reinstall and did the issue flip when you swap the way the fans are hooked up if the re-install didnt work?