[SOLVED] H100i PRO liquid cooling fan problem

Sep 23, 2018
I have a fan has 0 Rpm reading which put a lot of burden on my other fan and pump. Can you guys suggest any fix?

Solution
If a PWM curve is too low for some fans, they don't come out of the low RPM/power state very well and can stall. Most fans draw a bit more power at initial startup to get them moving, initially and some controllers might not provide a consistent signal when a fan needs to go from 0% in order to ramp up to a low speed, like 30%.

This has been my observation; some fans are much better at handling lower PWM speeds than others. I have seen it regularly in testing CPU coolers.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Sounds like either the fan curve is set incorrectly so that fan does not stay in a running state, or there is an issue with the fan. Are the fans running from a splitter (1 wire that controls 2 fans?) or are they defined separately? If separately, if you swap the fan control wires, does the other fan then work in a limited capacity like the original, or does it work correctly at all times and how does the currently 'broken' fan work?

Sep 23, 2018
Sounds like either the fan curve is set incorrectly so that fan does not stay in a running state, or there is an issue with the fan. Are the fans running from a splitter (1 wire that controls 2 fans?) or are they defined separately? If separately, if you swap the fan control wires, does the other fan then work in a limited capacity like the original, or does it work correctly at all times and how does the currently 'broken' fan work?

It works fine today. I guess there is something prevent it to spin. I somehow use the pen to remove that thing.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
If a PWM curve is too low for some fans, they don't come out of the low RPM/power state very well and can stall. Most fans draw a bit more power at initial startup to get them moving, initially and some controllers might not provide a consistent signal when a fan needs to go from 0% in order to ramp up to a low speed, like 30%.

This has been my observation; some fans are much better at handling lower PWM speeds than others. I have seen it regularly in testing CPU coolers.

Solution