[SOLVED] H100i pump not allowing post when pump USB plugged into header on x570-f

Nov 6, 2019
Hi all,

Just looking for advice from brainstrust in regards to recent build.

Specs:
ASUS Rog Strix x570-f
AMD Ryzen 5900x
RTX 2070 Super
2x 16gb T-Force Delta RGB DDR4 3600MHz
Corsair H100i RGB Platinum Cooling
2x Samsung 500gb SSD

So I built this recently inside a Fractal Design Meshify 2 and the issues started when I could get it to post but had no peripherals in the BIOS. I ended up having to contact Asus because I wanted to flash BIOS via USB but wanted to make sure this wouldn't void my warranty. I had heard that there could be a mismatch in this Mobo and the Ryzen 5900x which causes USB issues. Asus confirmed I should flash BIOS.

I flashed the BIOS and was able to get everything working and install Windows 10 and all my other stuff. But the system was very unstable.
I kept getting crashes that were no logs, just straight up [redacted], and super random. I tried everything and wasn't winning until I did some hunting and found some information on some BIOS setting adjustments such as disabling C-states as it looked like it could be setting idling power too low.
After that it was better, almost usable but still would crash intermittently.
Then I came down one morning to find that it wouldn't post at all and the case fans (which were working the night before) weren't working.
I found that somehow the fan hub on the Meshify case was (I guess overloaded somehow?) and removing the SATA connector from the hub enabled the computer to post albeit without the case fans. Though I am also thinking that it wasn't actually the PSU that was causing it but something wrong with the Mobo.
The fact that disabling global c-states seemed to help and then this happend, I was starting to wonder if maybe my PSU was on the fritz. I swapped my PSU out (Thermaltake Toughpower XT Gold 1475w) and found that with the new PSU (Corsair CX650f PSU from my gf's rig) the hub still didn't work so I guess it fried. I plugged case fans directly into headers on the Mobo instead and everything was up and running fine. So I'm thinking, ok got to be the PSU because everything is working now.
Until I got another crash, but now I am getting stop codes where I didn't before.

It threw a stop code (can't remember which one the first time) but didn't restart as it wouldn't post at all again. I left it for 2 days and then tried again and it did post and I was off and running again.
Then it crashed again throwing a Memory management stop code, and again not posting.
So back to work unplugging everything 1 by 1 to find out what was stopping it from posting. And the culprit was not what I was expecting... it was the USB from the cooler pump to the MOBO. Once I unplugged the USB connector from the Mobo the Computer was back to posting again.

I guess I don't have any specific questions I just don't know what to do or what to try now. I'm so over it as I bought this all new with quite a bit of excitement and it has just been an absolute freaking nightmare and hours and hours and hours of banging my head on the table. What next???

Anyone have any ideas on what I could try I would love to hear it. It just makes no sense to me that all of these 'unrelated' issues are happening in isolation... could this all just be because of a badly built Mobo? I mean, the mobo BIOS out of date and not compatible with my CPU, fan hub dying, C-states maybe crashing the computer, cooler pump causing memory management stop codes and no post... surely not all at once when every component is brand new!?

Like if I need to send something back here, what do I send back? The cooler? The Mobo? The PSU? I have no idea which of these is messing my system up but something is.

Pls send help

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Can you check back and state what BIOS version you're on at the time of writing? Maybe try and reflash with the same BIOS version to see if anything might've been amiss? Also that Thermaltake PSU you were on wasn't meant to be on that platform, considering that the unit is a decade or more old in terms of release date which is why you needed disable C states in BIOS for a concurrent gen platform.

Lutfij

Titan
Can you check back and state what BIOS version you're on at the time of writing? Maybe try and reflash with the same BIOS version to see if anything might've been amiss? Also that Thermaltake PSU you were on wasn't meant to be on that platform, considering that the unit is a decade or more old in terms of release date which is why you needed disable C states in BIOS for a concurrent gen platform.

Solution