H100i pump not working (most likely)

mo3ath9442

Prominent
Feb 10, 2018
so i just built a new pc and installed an h100i cooler to it and when i turned on the pc the temps go very high on idle something like 50-70 and 90-100 on light stress

so i thought it was the thermal compound and i changed it nothing happened and then i just saw that the pump cable wasn't connected to the motherboard
i felt really happy but even when i connected it nothing happened at all the block it self when i remove it and touch it its really damn hot

the cooler is my brother's
but he never used it so there is no warranty
i even tried the cooler on another pc and nothing happened iam 90% sure that its the pump because when i feel the tubes there is no heat what so ever on them

so is there is any fix for this problem ?

my cpu and mobo are

asus rog maximus x hero (wi-fi ac) z370
i5 8600k

Solution
the pump should not have any switch to turn it on. if you plugged the pump into the cpu_op or system fan header it shoudl come on. the fan on the cpu block is one that connect to the cpu fan plug.
Hydro Series™ products have a 5 year warranty
i would contact the vendor see if they rma you a new unit.
if the unit was never used and it been sitting it may have lost it charge in side or the coolent may have jelled. look at the unit again most times there more then one power plug for the pump and fans. make sure you did not miss power for the pump. if it looks like it set up right i would try rma to the vendor. if it has a few years warrranty on it it may be still under warranty.

mo3ath9442

Prominent
Feb 10, 2018
he had it for 4 years atleast i dont think there is a warranty
the cables are all set i checked them all

can the pump be off ? like i should turn it on somehow from the motherboard or something ?

the pump should not have any switch to turn it on. if you plugged the pump into the cpu_op or system fan header it shoudl come on. the fan on the cpu block is one that connect to the cpu fan plug.
Hydro Series™ products have a 5 year warranty
i would contact the vendor see if they rma you a new unit.

Solution