H100i push vs pull

caxino18

Honorable
Sep 23, 2013
So I'm planning to get a H100i, and first off my question is, should I keep the stock fans or buy SP120s' to replace them, and should I configure it in push or pull?

Solution
The H100i includes the SP 120s which is what makes it so much more better than the H100.

And their suggestion is to do a pull from outside into the case. I set mine up like that in my 500R and so far my 4670K doesn't push past 55c at full load at stock settings. Haven't tried overclocking yet though.

Put having it pull air in makes sense as it will pull cooler air through the radiator than what is traveling through your case from the front.
The H100i includes the SP 120s which is what makes it so much more better than the H100.

And their suggestion is to do a pull from outside into the case. I set mine up like that in my 500R and so far my 4670K doesn't push past 55c at full load at stock settings. Haven't tried overclocking yet though.

Put having it pull air in makes sense as it will pull cooler air through the radiator than what is traveling through your case from the front.

Solution

caxino18

Honorable
Sep 23, 2013

Alright thanks, and is the H100i loud? If it is would I gain any benefit by switching to SP120 Quiet Edition
?

G

I have mine set up in pull also. Push is supposed to cool better but I didn't notice a difference when I turned mine around.

G

When the fans kick into high, yes. It's loud. I put Noctua NF-F12 fans on mine and am much happier. Try it out with the stock fans though. You might be ok with it the way it is.

endeavour37a

Honorable
If you have the room in your case a push/pull configuration is the best, it's a bit louder but the efficient flow allows you to slow them down a bit also.

Liquid Labs did a nice study on the effects of all the different set ups and is a great read, perhaps take a look at it, Martin is the best water guy I have ever found on the net for rock solid info, enjoy..

http://martinsliquidlab.org/2012/06/08/hesmelaughs-radiator-sandwich-testing/