H100i v2 9-Pin USB 2.0 Header Making PC Stuck on "Republic of Gamers" Screen

Edit_Hax

Reputable
Feb 10, 2015
Hi all.
So I'm sitting here with a friend putting together his new build, and we're struggling with the cooler. When the little 9-pin plug that is connected to the micro USB on the side of the pump is plugged into the USB 2.0 header (where I think it belongs), the PC will get stuck at the "Republic of Gamers" splash screen with the options of Del or F2, neither of which work if a keyboard is plugged in (keyboard lights wont even turn on). This isn't an issue when we disconnect the 9-pin plug from the USB 2.0 header, but obviously then the fans go at full speed and the CPU goes to like 90 C.

I'm hoping someone else had this issue. Let me know if we're plugging it into the wrong header.

Thanks,
Edit

Solution
I am no expert, but you may try fiddling with the USB settings on motherboards. A similar case of mine is that my keyboard was one reason I have issues with booting....then I read that enabling "Legacy USB device" support (or something similar) helped.

Hopefully, the same would be on yours....

Regards,

gabby131

Reputable
Oct 18, 2014
I am no expert, but you may try fiddling with the USB settings on motherboards. A similar case of mine is that my keyboard was one reason I have issues with booting....then I read that enabling "Legacy USB device" support (or something similar) helped.

Hopefully, the same would be on yours....

Regards,

Solution