h100i v2 extremely loud, fans running max speed, 0 rpm showed, no fasn detected

neme.soorus

Prominent
Dec 16, 2017
Well. I just finished built my first desktop yestuday. msi z370 + 8700k + 1080 msi + h100i v2.
I wasnt too sure where to connect everything but i think i did it right.
Now i started it, light pops out and stuff but damn its incredibly loud. THe case fans are running well, but the hydro seems to run at like 100%.
However, i cant control anything. BIOS says 0 rmp, every softwares i used to check doenst even recognize the watercooling fans or the case fans.
Help pls

neme.soorus

Prominent
Dec 16, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from neme.soorus : "h100i v2 extremely loud, fans running max speed, 0 rpm showed, no fans detected"

Well. I just finished built my first desktop yesturday. msi z370 + 8700k + 1080 msi + h100i v2 on h440 nzxt.
I wasnt too sure where to connect everything as it was my first time building but i took my time and i think i did it right.
Now i started it, lights pop out and stuff but damn its incredibly loud. The case fans are running well, but the cooling system seems to run at like 100% (temperature of 27 degrees in the bios).
However, i cant control anything. BIOS says 0 rmp, every softwares i used to check doenst even recognize the watercooling fans or the case fans.
Help pls im really confused and lost with all the cables

Od1n

Honorable
Jan 9, 2014
Did you solve this? You dont mean the motherboard Asus rog strix z370-h? You have msi? I have that Asus with a liquid cooler but not the same problem as you.

The ports that exists are, CPU_FAN, CPU_AIO and CPU_OPT. Where did you plug the pump and where did you plug the fans? I have currently my pump plugged to CPU-AIO and my 2 fans for the radiator plugged to CPU_OPT (not sure if fans are correct though) I just installed the cooler, yeah they are not btw as I can't control them in Asus Ai suite 3.

If you found a solution share for the public record so that the thread can be closed.