[SOLVED] H100i work with 10600k?

Anthony82093

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2012
Was looking to upgrade my CPU(Have a i5 3570k since it's launch, waaaay over do). But been struggling to find a good CPU cooler. I know the Noctua NH-D15 is highly regarded, and it's only $100, but I'd like an AIO, so it doesn't look so crowded in the case. The H100i RGB Pro XT caught my attention, for only $115. Seemed a bit off to be so cheap, when the Hydro Series H100i Pro RGB is over $200. I don't understand what what's so different to give such a big cost?

So! My main concern are,

Is there a reason the posted CPU cooler is cheap? Is it bad? Would you recommend a different one?

And is it compatible with the new intel CPU's like the i5-10600k?

https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Radi.../B0829RTMKY/ref=psdc_3015422011_t2_B07PT3TJRW

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BWNWQKJ/ref=twister_B07M7FGLJN?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Thank you for any and all help! And if there is a CPU cooler you'd recommend over these, please share!

Solution
I know the Noctua NH-D15 is highly regarded, and it's only $100, but I'd like an AIO, so it doesn't look so crowded in the case.
Seemed a bit off to be so cheap, when the Hydro Series H100i Pro RGB is over $200. I don't understand what what's so different to give such a big cost?
That first part is a matter of perspective. The air cooler is sitting in one area, the liquid cooler is sitting in 2, with 2 tubes extending between them...
Between the NH-D15S and the Kraken G12 + Fractal Design Celsius S36 sitting in my chassis right now, the latter looks more 'crowded'.

AIOs are more expensive than they appear - even the more affordable ones.

As for the price difference: check where you saw it for that much. 3rd party sellers...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I know the Noctua NH-D15 is highly regarded, and it's only $100, but I'd like an AIO, so it doesn't look so crowded in the case.
Seemed a bit off to be so cheap, when the Hydro Series H100i Pro RGB is over $200. I don't understand what what's so different to give such a big cost?
That first part is a matter of perspective. The air cooler is sitting in one area, the liquid cooler is sitting in 2, with 2 tubes extending between them...
Between the NH-D15S and the Kraken G12 + Fractal Design Celsius S36 sitting in my chassis right now, the latter looks more 'crowded'.

As for the price difference: check where you saw it for that much. 3rd party sellers are doing heavy price gouging, trying to take advantage of the product shortages.
For example, the shipped and sold by Amazon or Newegg listings aren't gouging. The H100i Pro RGB should be around 160USD.

Solution

Anthony82093

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2012

As for the price difference: check where you saw it for that much. 3rd party sellers are doing heavy price gouging, trying to take advantage of the product shortages.
For example, the shipped and sold by Amazon or Newegg listings aren't gouging. The H100i Pro RGB should be around 160USD.

That makes sense for the pricing. And I didn't think about the wires and such. Air coolers just look so heavy and large that it makes me weary of them. But I guess it wouldnt be such a well endorsed CPU cooler if it was breaking MBs! Thanks for the info and opinions!

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
But I guess it wouldnt be such a well endorsed CPU cooler if it was breaking MBs!
They DID break some older motherboards.o_O
The mobo manufacturer's have since made their board PCBs with more layers making them sturdier, and the cooler manufacturers have done their part in designing their mounting hardware and backplates to spread out the weight over the motherboard instead of flexing in a single area.