H100iv2 CPU overheating

Jul 13, 2018
I just finished cleaning my rig. I left the pump intact however i did remove the radiator to clean it. After I was done cleaning when I turned on my PC the corsair logo went red and my CPU started overheating. Link software shows that my pump is running. What may be the problem? Please help me diagnose.

devbiker

Commendable
Dec 9, 2017
Check your BIOS settings for the fan header that the cooler is connected to. Your cooler is powered via the fan header and it needs to have the full 12V at all times. So ... this means that the header should be set to full speed. How you go about doing that varies by motherboard manufacturer.

Once that's set, watch the temps in the BIOS. What are they? If they jump up really quickly, then you likely have an issue with the pump.

Oh, and since Link sees it, what's the coolant temperature?

Jul 13, 2018
The temp starts from about 27 - 29 then constantly rises up until I turn off the PC to prevent it from doing that. Although I have this problem I turned on my PC today after a few days and it seems to have improved on its own. The temp still keeps rising but not as quick as before. So I will wait for a few more days and hope for the best.

devbiker

Commendable
Dec 9, 2017

Which temperature? Coolant or CPU?
What are your ambient temps? And do you have an idea of the internal case temperatures? Also, how quickly does it rise? Are we talking about 5C in an hour? 20C in an hour? What happens if you open the case?

TRENDING THREADS