Question H100x issue

MorganFreemun

Reputable
Nov 21, 2015
Today I installed a new aio, I've gone from a h105 to a h100x, pc booted fine before hand, unbolted the old cooler, bolted in New one and plugged her in, only for the leds to blink then instant shutoff, this would loop, I initially thought my 5 year old thermaltake 850w has had it, so I bought a 1000w corsair platinum rated, rebuild the whole pc ground up, only to turn it on and all the leds to blink and it turn off, sometimes it stays on for a bit with no post, my motherboard leds don't light up for 5 or so seconds wheres every other led is lit up, my gpu leds turn on and off like a strobe light and then it shuts down again. I've tried everything I can think of at this point, every cable is firmly plugged in, aio cables have been tried in multiple configurations, tried different ram, 1 stick, 2 sticks, tried no ram, tried no gpu, tried cmos, tried essentials start, I'm stumped, I am using conductive thermal paste however I've triple checked if it's spilled anywhere and it hasn't, I also have no bent pins as I've checked that 4 times plus the cpu wasn't removed in the process.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/104LZyfwvbUjiylCDxsvPTEkO2VuTc9Pi/view?usp=drivesdk

Any help at all is amazing.

Specs are
Aorus z390 elite
1080ti aorus
Hx1000 corsair
Corsair 32gbs 3200mhz
Corsair h100x

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
If you've verified all connections, reseated the cooler etc..... Does the H105 work?
I'm assuming it failed, hence the replacement - but if it's still functional, check and see if it still works. If it does, and you've verified all connections etc, then the problem likely sits with the cooler itself and you'd want to pursue an RMA or return.

MorganFreemun

Reputable
Nov 21, 2015
If you've verified all connections, reseated the cooler etc..... Does the H105 work?
I'm assuming it failed, hence the replacement - but if it's still functional, check and see if it still works. If it does, and you've verified all connections etc, then the problem likely sits with the cooler itself and you'd want to pursue an RMA or return.

Hello :) I have done all the above, the old cooler is fully functional but temps started getting really bad and upon last boot up it made a huge hissing sound so I install took it for fear of leaking, it's also 5 years old so probably on it's way out, might be for the best if It doesn't get plugged in unfortuntely

MorganFreemun

Reputable
Nov 21, 2015
I was starting to wonder if the motherboard has shit the bed? It's only 2 weeks old but is it a possibility?

MorganFreemun

Reputable
Nov 21, 2015

Just swapped back to h105 and the issue persists