Question H100x vs h60 (2018) vs h100i v2

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Freeze Aim

Reputable
Nov 8, 2016
Hello all!

So I'm wondering, which one of these AIO's performs the best for the price? I'm thinking of h100x but I've heard it's fans are very loud compare to the h60 and h100 v2. What do you recommend? I'm also thinking of overclocking a notch.

Freeze Aim

Reputable
Nov 8, 2016
Don't like the noise levels? Replace the fans. Should still save a dollar or two compared to others.
I have the H100x but I replaced the fans right away with fans I had on the H100i v2. Can't remember what fans but they are corsair-fans. So either the loud ones or the quieter ones. Noise level is the same as on h100i. So perf should be identical.
It only gets really loud if i push CPU 100%. Pretty quiet in games. GPU is louder. Gigabyte Vega 56.
I control the fans via Mobo. Asus mobo, quite easy to setup. Set it and forget it-kinda deal. Just like when I used Corsairs own software. And that software was buggy as ... certain versions would not work at all, wouldn't detect the cooler. Every other version seemed to be like that so once I found a version that worked, I never updated again. Had the H100i v2 for 5-6 years. It finally gave up it's ghost, think the pump broke or something, would not cool any more.

Good idea! I think I’ll be going your route, after all it is still cheaper than a h115i pro. By the way, what are your temps if you could do a benchmark?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Freeze Aim

Reputable
Nov 8, 2016
Last edited:

mamasan2000

Distinguished
BANNED
Isn’t it just better to go with a h100i pro? It would be approximately a $10 difference if I am going to but fans for the h100x.

How do you know you will like the fans and their noiselevel on the H100i Pro? You probably don't. So what would it cost to replace the fans on that?

I can't remember what fans I have, have had them for 5-6 years. As I already mentioned.

Freeze Aim

Reputable
Nov 8, 2016
How do you know you will like the fans and their noiselevel on the H100i Pro? You probably don't. So what would it cost to replace the fans on that?

I can't remember what fans I have, have had them for 5-6 years. As I already mentioned.

Becuase they are better than the sp fans the h100i v2 uses, as it is stated by corsair. The h100i v2 most likely uses sp120 fans whilst the pro version uses ML120 fans which are better.