Question H100x vs h60 (2018) vs h100i v2

Freeze Aim

Reputable
Nov 8, 2016
Hello all!

So I'm wondering, which one of these AIO's performs the best for the price? I'm thinking of h100x but I've heard it's fans are very loud compare to the h60 and h100 v2. What do you recommend? I'm also thinking of overclocking a notch.

Freeze Aim

Reputable
Nov 8, 2016
Which cpu do you have?

id also say its better to get these than a 120mm AIO.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/F3gzK8/be-quiet-dark-rock-pro-4-505-cfm-cpu-cooler-bk022

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/4vzv6h/noctua-cpu-cooler-nhd15

if you want to use an AIO you would want 280mm-360mm to see an actual difference in temps vs the 2 air coolers ive linked for you. (like kraken x62/x72 for example)
I have a i5 3570k, looking to upgrade to a ryzen 5 3600 and I'm right now specifically looking for AIO liquid coolers.

j3ster

Reputable
May 23, 2016
I have a i5 3570k, looking to upgrade to a ryzen 5 3600 and I'm right now specifically looking for AIO liquid coolers.

hmmm why so? i mean its your choice but its kinda bad or a jerk move not to recommend you something better, which is this case is a high end air cooler. which would be far quieter, and performs better than a 120mm-240mm AIO cooler. if you can fit a 360mm AIO in your upgrade then you can go for that since a 360mm aio liquid cooler are great at what they do but for a r5 3600 high end air coolers are more than enough on stock or OC.

also believe me 120mm aio are bad idea, only good if you want some m-axt or m-itx builds.

but if you really want an AIO id probably go with the h100 v2 but its really really bad for the price tho.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
240mm, or don't bother at all.
Those 120mm are only really good for 2 or 4 core cpus.
Ryzen 3600 may prove to be a little much for a 120mm.

if you want to use an AIO you would want 280mm-360mm to see an actual difference in temps vs the 2 air coolers ive linked for you. (like kraken x62/x72 for example)
It's too bad so many get turned away from air coolers because of their size and looks(sometimes). AIOs really aren't worth their 'weight' below $120.

Freeze Aim

Reputable
Nov 8, 2016
hmmm why so? i mean its your choice but its kinda bad or a jerk move not to recommend you something better, which is this case is a high end air cooler. which would be far quieter, and performs better than a 120mm-240mm AIO cooler. if you can fit a 360mm AIO in your upgrade then you can go for that since a 360mm aio liquid cooler are great at what they do but for a r5 3600 high end air coolers are more than enough on stock or OC.

also believe me 120mm aio are bad idea, only good if you want some m-axt or m-itx builds.

but if you really want an AIO id probably go with the h100 v2 but its really really bad for the price tho.
Because, well I already know what air coolers to choose. I wondered if there is an AIO cooler with similar or better performance than the "king" NH-D15 for some $ more.

240mm, or don't bother at all.
Those 120mm are only really good for 2 or 4 core cpus.
Ryzen 3600 may prove to be a little much for a 120mm.

It's too bad so many get turned away from air coolers because of their size and looks(sometimes). AIOs really aren't worth their 'weight' below $120.
Yes, I thought a 240mm or nothing aswell. Thing is, the h100x is a 240mm radiator somewhere at $80-90. Should I pick this one up or look for a bit more expensive coolers?

Edit: There's also the CM Master MasterLiquid lite 240 cooler for even less ($60-70)

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Because, well I already know what air coolers to choose. I wondered if there is an AIO cooler with similar or better performance than the "king" NH-D15 for some $ more.
You don't need an NH-D15 for a Ryzen 3600...
This cpu gets up to 150w:
https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/amd-ryzen-5-3600-review,7.html

There are plenty of cheaper coolers that can deal with this without getting big old NH-D15 with a TDP of 240w(?).
-Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition
-Cooler Master MasterAir MA610P
-be quiet! Pure Rock
-be quiet! Shadow Rock Slim
-be quiet! Shadow Rock 2
-Noctua NH-U12S
-Noctua NH-U14S
-Thermalright TRUE Spirit 140 POWER
-Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK

Phew! That took awhile...

Yes, I thought a 240mm or nothing aswell. Thing is, the h100x is a 240mm radiator somewhere at $80-90. Should I pick this one up or look for a bit more expensive coolers?

Edit: There's also the CM Master MasterLiquid lite 240 cooler for even less ($60-70)
The CM MasterLiquid Lite 240 is ok... but you get what you pay for.
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/cooler-master-master-liquid-ml240l-rgb,5345.html
It has a 2 year warranty, whereas the Corsair H100x has a 5 year warranty. Let that sink in for a moment.

Freeze Aim

Reputable
Nov 8, 2016
You don't need an NH-D15 for a Ryzen 3600...
This cpu gets up to 150w:
https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/amd-ryzen-5-3600-review,7.html

There are plenty of cheaper coolers that can deal with this without getting big old NH-D15 with a TDP of 240w(?).
-Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition
-Cooler Master MasterAir MA610P
-be quiet! Pure Rock
-be quiet! Shadow Rock Slim
-be quiet! Shadow Rock 2
-Noctua NH-U12S
-Noctua NH-U14S
-Thermalright TRUE Spirit 140 POWER
-Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK

Phew! That took awhile...

The CM MasterLiquid Lite 240 is ok... but you get what you pay for.
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/cooler-master-master-liquid-ml240l-rgb,5345.html
It has a 2 year warranty, whereas the Corsair H100x has a 5 year warranty. Let that sink in for a moment.

So what to choose? The corsair 100x or masterliquid lite 240?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

j3ster

Reputable
May 23, 2016

well pretty much all AIO are made by the same company just rebranded, so for 240mm you pretty much chose which one has good warranty and your prefered brand for theme or looks, most of them perform really the same only variable are the fans you would use. personally i like NZXT kraken lineup, looks good and bundled fans arent that bad.

Freeze Aim

Reputable
Nov 8, 2016
well pretty much all AIO are made by the same company just rebranded, so for 240mm you pretty much chose which one has good warranty and your prefered brand for theme or looks, most of them perform really the same only variable are the fans you would use. personally i like NZXT kraken lineup, looks good and bundled fans arent that bad.

Okay. But they say the h100x is very loud compared to their other coolers. Do you all have any experience with the corsair h100x?

j3ster

Reputable
May 23, 2016
Okay. But they say the h100x is very loud compared to their other coolers. Do you all have any experience with the corsair h100x?

i have no experience with the corsair h100x, tbh its the first time ive heard of it but i know of the h100i, h110i , h115i i know some people who has systems with h110i, not much they can say tbh its kinda loud so they say you would want to play around fan profile to see where you are comfortable at but at max rpm to actually match something like a high end air cooler you better be prepared for some noise.

my only experience with CLC aio are with the Kraken x52 and ID cooling frostflow 240l (used for my brothers Ryzen 2600). both are good, not too noisy that it bugs me but audible compared when i used the be quiet Dark Rock Pro 4 from my old pc.

Freeze Aim

Reputable
Nov 8, 2016
i have no experience with the corsair h100x, tbh its the first time ive heard of it but i know of the h100i, h110i , h115i i know some people who has systems with h110i, not much they can say tbh its kinda loud so they say you would want to play around fan profile to see where you are comfortable at but at max rpm to actually match something like a high end air cooler you better be prepared for some noise.

my only experience with CLC aio are with the Kraken x52 and ID cooling frostflow 240l (used for my brothers Ryzen 2600). both are good, not too noisy that it bugs me but audible compared when i used the be quiet Dark Rock Pro 4 from my old pc.

I see. Problem is that dark rock 4 pro/Noctua dh-15 doesn’t fit my case as they are way too big. Seeing as Dark rock pro 4 + a new good Case is worth as much as a good AIO cooler.

j3ster

Reputable
May 23, 2016
I see. Problem is that dark rock 4 pro/Noctua dh-15 doesn’t fit my case as they are way too big. Seeing as Dark rock pro 4 + a new good Case is worth as much as a good AIO cooler.

AIO are good with small spaces, so if thats the issue on your part you can get the h100i it seems to be the most well received corsair CLC. probably due to price performance. and tomshardware calls it the best 240mm aio, 240mm should be more than enough for the ryzen 3600, since 120mm coolers are just bad.

Freeze Aim

Reputable
Nov 8, 2016
AIO are good with small spaces, so if thats the issue on your part you can get the h100i it seems to be the most well received corsair CLC. probably due to price performance. and tomshardware calls it the best 240mm aio, 240mm should be more than enough for the ryzen 3600, since 120mm coolers are just bad.

But what is the difference between the h100x and the h100i? I dont find many different things except that I cannot control the fans through iCue and that the h100x is made by CoolIT while the h100i is made by Azetek. Which one should i choose as the h100x is like $30-40 cheaper?

j3ster

Reputable
May 23, 2016
But what is the difference between the h100x and the h100i? I dont find many different things except that I cannot control the fans through iCue and that the h100x is made by CoolIT while the h100i is made by Azetek. Which one should i choose as the h100x is like $30-40 cheaper?

you just pointed out the difference, for cooling performance they are the same.
so if you dont mind the noise you can get the h100x.

also if you are concerned which ones are better Asetek or CooliT watch this.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rYyU-A0wuk

Freeze Aim

Reputable
Nov 8, 2016
you just pointed out the difference, for cooling performance they are the same.
so if you dont mind the noise you can get the h100x.

also if you are concerned which ones are better Asetek or CooliT watch this.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rYyU-A0wuk

I watched the whole clip but I got lost because Gamers nexus talks abit much. I do not understand, is Azetek or coolit better?

Freeze Aim

Reputable
Nov 8, 2016
long story short they are about the same. so you can choose either the h100x of the h100i both will have the same performance. only other factor is the features and probably fans.

Last question, what is the noise difference between the h115i pro/h100i pro and h100x? Is it big or small? I’ve seen a test bench with the h100x hitting a whopping 50DbA, and that is a bit much compared to the i version which is under 40DbA.

j3ster

Reputable
May 23, 2016
Last question, what is the noise difference between the h115i pro/h100i pro and h100x? Is it big or small? I’ve seen a test bench with the h100x hitting a whopping 50DbA, and that is a bit much compared to the i version which is under 40DbA.

but the thing is the noise may not apply to you i know some people who really dont give a dang about cooler noise, but yes its 50dbA for the h100x in most reviews that ive read, thats pretty audible.

so yea back again to the, chose which one you like or fits your budget, they would perform about the same if you want a far quieter operation go for the h100i or h115i, for cheap 240mm that works well and you dont mind the noise h100x is for you, i cant be certain which one has better "build quality" tho. main issue is if you are unlucky you might get a leak in your CLC.

mamasan2000

Distinguished
BANNED
Don't like the noise levels? Replace the fans. Should still save a dollar or two compared to others.
I have the H100x but I replaced the fans right away with fans I had on the H100i v2. Can't remember what fans but they are corsair-fans. So either the loud ones or the quieter ones. Noise level is the same as on h100i. So perf should be identical.
It only gets really loud if i push CPU 100%. Pretty quiet in games. GPU is louder. Gigabyte Vega 56.
I control the fans via Mobo. Asus mobo, quite easy to setup. Set it and forget it-kinda deal. Just like when I used Corsairs own software. And that software was buggy as ... certain versions would not work at all, wouldn't detect the cooler. Every other version seemed to be like that so once I found a version that worked, I never updated again. Had the H100i v2 for 5-6 years. It finally gave up it's ghost, think the pump broke or something, would not cool any more.

Reactions: Freeze Aim