Status
Not open for further replies.

Thos__

Commendable
Jan 19, 2017
Wassup guys, I have a Gigabyte H110M S2H (rev. 1) and an i3 6100 cpu. I updated my mobo to the F20 version and I have the ability through my Bios to increase the Base clock which increases the cpu's and rams frequency! I tried overclocking the cpu but my pc was in a boot loop until I cleared the cmos. Then I learned that since my mobo supports only 2133 memory I should decrease the memory spped and it still didn't boot. Then I also learned that the igpu gets disabled if I overclock the cpu. So if I get a gpu, I will be able to overclock the cpu right?

lolvatveo

Commendable
Nov 11, 2021
completely overclockable, don't say impossible here. but intel has a patch or something that blocks overclocking. and the limit of overclocking ability is also in the BIOS, unfortunately because Intel tries not to allow overclocking and obviously comes with a lie so even Gigabyte specializes in allowing users to overclock to their full potential don't support for the board h110m. and it can overclock but is blocked but not impossible. new powerful cpu with newer socket just need to update the BIOS to run them smoothly, so it is definitely possible to overclock the weaker old cpu because the chipset's load capacity has a surplus.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.