Question h115i fan showing 0 rpm

Jul 29, 2019
Good day all, I have my hopefully last issue with the system and it the Corsair H115i pro cooler. In my BIOS setting the CPU fan is showing 0 rpm also under this MB there is an option for a MB map that shows all connection to the MB. the CPU_fan is showing there is nothing installed there, when there is. I have checked all connection to the CPU fan, rad fans are running and the pump is connected to USB header and the pump is running. On initial power up the LED logo on the pump flashes blue for a split sec. I disconnected the sense line from the cpu_fan and connected a stock Intel cooler and that showed up in the BIOS and showing 1900 rpm. I have read things about a driver issue in windows, and the ICUE and LINK software do not recognized this cooler as well. Can't seem to get past the BIOS issue before getting to the windows one. Any help appreciated. Thank you.

MB - MSI B360M Mortar.

Jul 24, 2019
Its a long time problem with the H115i.

So on the BIOS you will get Q Fan Control in your settings or tools. Enable this and the issue should be sorted. Installation of all cables is fairly easy so i dont think you plugged it in wrong but just to double check it consult the manual. Also make sure no SMART fan controller is controlling the CPU cooler...that will also indicate a 0rpm since its not a fan you plug in directly.

Jul 29, 2019
Its a long time problem with the H115i.

So on the BIOS you will get Q Fan Control in your settings or tools. Enable this and the issue should be sorted. Installation of all cables is fairly easy so i dont think you plugged it in wrong but just to double check it consult the manual. Also make sure no SMART fan controller is controlling the CPU cooler...that will also indicate a 0rpm since its not a fan you plug in directly.
I've been trhough all the setting and tools and there is no options for Q-Fan. There was a SMART fan controller setting either on or off it didn't change anything. I researched a Q-Fan setting and there doesn't seen that settings for this MB.

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm if all settings is fine and all cables is plugged in correctly you might need to look into a bios update
I did a bios update once the system initially powered up as I was version behind. I contacted Corsair and tried different troubleshooting options and they deemed it a pump failure. Returned the cooler and went with a different brand. Thank you for the help.

Reactions: DaSifa