Question h115i normal and hot temps?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

AI_Gaming

Commendable
Apr 25, 2021
hello friends. so i have just been worried about my gaming pc, because i think its getting abit warm.

PC Specs:
----------------------
CPU: i7 6800K
----------------------
GPU: GTX 1080
----------------------
RAM: 64GB
----------------------
AIO: h115i
----------------------
Case: Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 Cube
----------------------

so my AIO liquid temps are starting to get abit hot recently. and quite loud, so im just wondering what temps are really dangerous for my h115i and at what temps should it sit when im gaming.
when on idle the liquid temp (AIO) is about 34c-38c and when im gaming it goes up to 44c-46c and i dont understand why its getting so toasty. and i dont know if my cpu is also getting hot. my cpu package idles around 32c-35c
and when browsing google chrome with youtube playing on the background it goes up to 37c-43c. what should i do or what should i be worried about? every time i turn on my pc the cpu gets to +1c more than it was before
for example. if the CPU package was on 38c when i will turn my pc on. and after afew hours turn it back on from shutdown, then it will be 40c and not 38c.... a fast reply would be helpfull because im scared to overheat my pc
and thats why i need anwsers. again im more worried about my AIO liquid temps.

im using corsair link for my h115i fan controls,

this is my fan curve for my h115i:
25C : 25%
30C : 30%
40C : 40%
45C : 45%
55C : 60%
60C : 100%

And my pump is runing 3100 RMP. and under load pump is going up to 3300 RPM

screenshot:
SharedScreenshot.jpg

note that this screenshot was taken while mid gaming, so all temps you see are underload. for expamle on the screenshot i was playinf cs:go

p.s i have been using this pc since 2017 so keep that in mind

Last edited:

AI_Gaming

Commendable
Apr 25, 2021
Don't do this. You have to find your OWN perfect fan RPM for your configuration. 50% just works for me, but they're case fans for regular airflow. I have a Noctua NH-D15S air cooler on my PC which in itself is also at about 55% max fan speed. For your AIO, you may need higher RPM, but I doubt you need 100%.

I know you're applying it to AIO, it shouldn't matter, AIO fans shouldn't be blaring at 100%, the pump should.

I don't know about the safe liquid temps as I'm no AIO expert but I doubt 45-55C will melt your tubing... or do any damage whatsoever.

I'll say it again. Your temps are fine. And you're definitely in need of an AIO upgrade for that power hungry CPU, and the LF II series from Arctic are the only way forward.
thank you so much. i will test and experiment my fan speeds, so i can have silence and good cooling at the same time. thank you so much for your help
and everyone's help too. and thank you for fast replys, i highly appreciate all of tips and solutions. thanks again. you guys are awesome!!!!