H115i pump noise problems...

elite101

Prominent
Aug 17, 2017
I recently built myself a PC and I've been a bit disappointed by my h115i cooler. At first it started making the type of rattling noises an aquarium would make which was quite loud. I wasn't sure what to do about it even after looking on forums i found no solution other than to RMA the thing. The noise stopped after a few days so I decided that i wouldn't send it back as my pc would be unusable for the time being (possibly 2 weeks) as intel includes no stock fan for the i7 7700k... I had to change the fans as well because they started to run very nosily but luckily i had bought two extra fans just in case.

About an hour ago i launched the Witcher 3 and the pump starting making a loud high pitched noise. Under less load it was quieter but still present. I started browsing the forums and i found nothing similar to my case, and if i did it didn't really have a straight answer to it. After browsing for about 10 minutes i tried to relaunch the game and the sound disappeared almost instantly and there was no sound even when in game.

Does anybody have any idea what this is? I'm frankly quite disappointed in the build quality of this pump and i hope this doesn't result in having to RMA the cooler. I would really appreciated an answer, thank you beforehand!

Solution

then it should be fine.. if it has air then it on top of RAD now if its still making noise then RMA
It could be the Air bubbles in it while runnin the CPU try to change the cabinet position upside down and right left if that doesnt helps ill suggest you go for RMA
you can try shacking the PIPEs if that stops the sound then sure its Air In it
i have seen many pumps make noise the only option in end it to RMA

elite101

Prominent
Aug 17, 2017

The thing is that the noise stopped so i can't test it out anymore, i'm just wondering that what could be the cause and will the noise return?

It's probably an air bubble. You may need to change the orientation of the Pump head. Particularly if you have the tubes exiting from the bottom side of the pump. It's much harder for the pump to pass those bubbles through when it has to force a bubble down through the bottom. I have a h110i sometimes it'll gurgle softly as a bubble passes through.

You may want to move the rad up to the top of the case (or just higher) to help bubbles quietly collect there rather than in the noisy pump.

then it should be fine.. if it has air then it on top of RAD now if its still making noise then RMA

Solution

elite101

Prominent
Aug 17, 2017

Thanks for the help!