[SOLVED] H150i Elite Capellix not detected in iCUE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 7, 2018
System details below. I have a H150 Elite Capellix that's not detected in the iCUE software. Everything is plugged in internally, I disabled Mystic Light, Reset the drivers, Reset the software, Repaired the software, and have disabled Wallpaper engine which is the only other thing that controls iCUE rgb. Im not sure where to go from here so any help would be greatly appreciated.

System:
MSI B550 Gaming Plus
H150 Elite Capellix
Ryzen 7 5800x
Sapphire RX 580 (Waiting for new gpu lol)
2x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Ram
Lian Li pc-o11 Razer Case

Solution
Credit to DevBiker, he's done a great job making recommendations on this topic (and many others). To summarize his recommendations, make sure you're using the latest version of iCue software, bios is up-to-date, firmware updated, etc. He also suggested to test with another USB cable, plugging the micro USB into the pump head and the other into a standard USB port (on the front display or back - doesn't matter).

After making sure the bios and all firmware was updated, I grabbed a micro USB and plugged directly into the pump head and then an available port on the back. Sure enough, iCue recognized the H150i pump and I could manage along with the Commander Pro. Device Manager also listed "Corsair USBXp Driver" now. Previously it...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Credit to DevBiker, he's done a great job making recommendations on this topic (and many others). To summarize his recommendations, make sure you're using the latest version of iCue software, bios is up-to-date, firmware updated, etc. He also suggested to test with another USB cable, plugging the micro USB into the pump head and the other into a standard USB port (on the front display or back - doesn't matter).

After making sure the bios and all firmware was updated, I grabbed a micro USB and plugged directly into the pump head and then an available port on the back. Sure enough, iCue recognized the H150i pump and I could manage along with the Commander Pro. Device Manager also listed "Corsair USBXp Driver" now. Previously it wasn't displayed.

I speculated bad cable, bad header on mobo, pump connection, etc. After ruling out the pump, I wanted to rule out the USB cable that came with the H150i. After unplugging the Commander Pro from the USB 2.0 header on the mobo, I connected the H150's USB to the same header. iCue recognize the pump, Corsair USBXp Driver listed in Device Manger and I was able to control/make changes. This ruled out the USB cable.

I left the pumo's USB connected to the USB header on the mobo and connected the Commander Pro's USB into the other USB header (previously connected with H150i). Basically reversed what USB 2.0 header I was using (which initially corresponded to the manual). Now both the Commander Pro AND H150i are showing in iCue, I can manage both, and Corsair USBXp Driver is still listed in Device Manager.

Not sure if this will help others. I love troubleshooting, stepping through physical and configurations until resolved. What I've learned, make one change at a time and test. If the issue continues, make another change, test. Rinse and repeat until physical connections and configurations are ruled out. Along the way hopefully the issue is resolved. Making too many changes at once will only cause confusion (and possibly not understanding what actually corrected the issue). OK, soapbox over.
https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=183793

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.