[SOLVED] H150i Elite Capellix Ryzen 5900X temps?

Snow Cat123

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2011
View: https://imgur.com/fIgkIfg

Is this a normal temperate for the H150i Elite on a Ryzen 5900X whilst playing Call of Duty at 4K? The spikes of 80c make me think it isn't. I'm using the default PBO settings too as I'm yet to learn how to configure this. My last build was from 2014 and I just change the ratio and it's overclocked. The rad is sitting at the top exhausting air too if that makes any difference.

Also can anyone help squeeze some more power out of it if these temps are fine? The clock speeds whilst gaming are about 4.5GHz and never higher.

Solution
Up to 80C is fine on the Ryzen 5900X. You could play all day at those temps.
You do have headroom for a max Overclock however best left as is for longevity.
Yes Overclocking further to say 4.8Mhz all core OC will give slightly better performance but takes more tweaking in Bios however the 200Mhz you may gain is not worth the effort. You have a very powerful CPU as is and would allow/hold any game at max settings.
The H150i Elite Capellix is about the best AIO cooler you can get.
Yes Overclocking further to say 4.8Mhz all core OC will give slightly better performance but takes more tweaking in Bios however the 200Mhz you may gain is not worth the effort. You have a very powerful CPU as is and would allow/hold any game at max settings.

Last edited:
Solution

Snow Cat123

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2011
what GPU & what case?

62c isn't so bad, and anything below 95 is considered fine according to AMD

Corsair 5000X with a 6900 XT. I was just worried about the 80C being maximum.

I see, I've just never seen spikes that high in the processors I've ever used. I guess technology is getting different.

I see, I've just never seen spikes that high in the processors I've ever used. I guess technology is getting different.

Those spikes are because of turbo boost and you can disable Boost in Bios and elect to have an all core manual Overclock. Turbo is on by default and will auto activate if enabled. Turbo works on 1-2 cores when temps allow and there is demand for it.
Download HWInfo64 monitor to check your tdie temps at max.

Snow Cat123

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2011
Those spikes are because of turbo boost and you can disable Boost in Bios and elect to have an all core manual Overclock. Turbo is on by default and will auto activate if enabled. Turbo works on 1-2 cores when temps allow and there is demand for it.
Download HWInfo64 monitor to check your tdie temps at max.

Ohh right! So is it worth setting a manual OC to 4.5/4.4ghz rather than having the boost? Playing games etc it seems to average out around 4.4 or 4.5 then when I check the temps it's around 65, but the spike is from something else.

So all in all PBO isn't better than a manual OC?

Pbo allows the cpu to regulate itself, and it's not going to allow itself to be damaged. Done RIGHT, a manual OC is no real difference than pbo and in some instances it's better as pbo boosts can be harder on the VRM's using non-tailored voltages and current usage.
If your a power user then manual overclock is best where you can disable energy saving features.
If your not concerned about energy saving then a better overclock can be attained with disabling Power Management such as "C" and "P" states and AMDs "Cool and Quite" Same with EIST(Enhanced Intel Speedstep).
You should be able to get an all core Overclock around 4.8GHz with your current cooler.

Last edited:
Reactions: Snow Cat123