Question H150I Pro - Mounting Screw Clearance Issue

KyBr14

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013
Hi All,

I recently picked up a Lian Li Pc-011 Dynamic and an H150i Pro for a new build. Everything went together fine until i tried to put the top back on the case and realized that the top dust filter no longer fit. The screws that hold the (top mounted) radiator stick up far enough that the dust filter no longer sits flush to the case. It is magnetic and can't make contact over the tops of the screws. I've looked online for flat tow screws (they're 6-32 x 30mm) and I cant find any. I really need the dust filters because I have 2 cats.

The way I see it, I have 3 options:
  1. Remove the washers to get more clearance. I'm afraid of doing this because I've heard that if you tighten screws too far you can punch into the fins. Is this safe?
  2. Grind down the tops of the corsair screws. I think this is my best option.
  3. File the bottoms off of 6-32 x 1-1/2 flat top screws.

Please let me know if you have any other ideas. Thank you!

xeddiex

Respectable
Aug 27, 2017
Dont know how your mount screws look like after mounting, but below is the image of the screws from my EK rad.

At first I also thought the top panel wouldnt slide back in, but found out I needed to use a little bit of force to slide it back into the locked position.
uZRVQ0m.jpg

You don't need the filter of you have a top exhaust fan configuration. the airflow will block any dust from moving in the case. I remove it will gaming and simply put it back when pc is off. I have the same problem with my Corsair H100i but i doubt it makes any difference using the top filter or not since my radiator fans are pushing air out of the case. In fact it is not recommended using filter at all for exhaust fans

Oct 9, 2019
steamcommunity.com
Wish I had seen this much earlier. The instructions that are provided with the Corsair H150i clearly show one washer per screw. Just as well I triple checked clearance and found 1st screw taking the paint off the metal below. May be the LL 011 Dynamic case uses particularly thin metal? I ended up using 3 washers. I checked the screws from my previous Corsair 115 AIO. Turns out they looked to be a 5th smaller in length, with a general case head, strange. Guess I should count myself lucky i did not break my shiny new AIO.