[SOLVED] H370 Aorus Gaming 3 wifi + 8600k

Sep 3, 2018
Hi,
I need some hints about my configuration because i'm very unschooled about the argument. Here my system:

-H370 Aorus Gaming 3 wifi (BIOS F11)
-Intel core i5 8600k
-Cooler Arctic Freezer 33 plus (MX-4 th. paste)
-2x8 GB Crucial Ballistix Sport PC4-19200
-GPU GTX 1050 Ti Zotac ZT-P10510A-10L (drivers updated)
-SSD Crucial MX500 250 GB
-HD Western Digital Blue 2TB
-HD Western Digital Red 3TB
-PSU Seasonic focus+ gold 650
-case: cooler master N300
-fans: 140 noctua front intake, 120 noctua back exhaust and 120 cooler master top exhaust

I know H370 and unlocked k-cpu is an unsuitable combo but since i'm not interested on OC at all i hope you could help me. My system works fine: the only thing that leave me a bit concerned is about temps.
My room temp is about 22°C:
-cold start-up shows in bios 23-24°C
loading Windows and hwinfo64 (or hwmonitor) one can see:
-idle: temps below 30°C
-browsing and soft-gaming: below 45°C
-computational program like matlab or python usually keep temps below 60-65°C but here's the problem:
last time i ran a very heavy script that took 30 minutes of heavy math-processing and hwinfo showed 74°C peak in "max core temp". During the process the temps were around 60°C but that peak left me a little worried. Isn't 74° (even if it's a peak) too much for stock condition?
It was the first time i heard cpu fan so noisy, but i don't know if in the future my script will get heavier.

My bios is in default settings but i noticed that while vcore average is about 0.9, sometimes it reaches 1.21 (at least that's what monitor softwares show).
I would like to know if maybe in BIOS default settings as mine, could be some options auto-enabled not suitable for my CPU (since this motherboard was not designed to k-series) that could justify so high peak temp with no OC, or perhaps some options that i must manually set to let my cpu work under optimal conditions.
I wouldn't like put my hands on M.I.T. BIOS menu because i'm unpractised and i don't wanna make things worse.
So i hope somebody could help me

Thank you very much!!

Solution
That's not dangerously hot. It's maybe a little hotter than I would expect with an aftermarket cooler but I'm not familiar with that particulr one.

normally when I build a PC I do a burn in test with prime95 or aida64 to get a worst case scenario, I prefer to keep everything under 80C during a stress test myself. Honestly though modern CPUs are pretty robust and will throttle themselves down if they get too hot so an occasional spike into the 70s is nothing to worry about.

Dugimodo

Distinguished
That's not dangerously hot. It's maybe a little hotter than I would expect with an aftermarket cooler but I'm not familiar with that particulr one.

normally when I build a PC I do a burn in test with prime95 or aida64 to get a worst case scenario, I prefer to keep everything under 80C during a stress test myself. Honestly though modern CPUs are pretty robust and will throttle themselves down if they get too hot so an occasional spike into the 70s is nothing to worry about.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS