Question H500m, ASUS Aura, & Corsair LL series.

dhorml93

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2012
I have found countless threads, guides and videos for RGB building and have come to a general understanding but still am having trouble finding some specifics and in depth understanding for component compatibility. I plan on buying the Cooler Master H500M case that comes with two aRGB fans. I also plan on buying the ASUS prime x470 pro mobo with Aura Sync, mobo comes with two "Aura RGB headers." I know the H500m comes with its own rgb controller that I would normally just plug into the mobo header and control it with aura software, but I want to add a few more components like RGB fans and RGB LC to be all sync on the same RGB. I personally like the LL series of fans by Corsair as well as the h110 Corsair LC over any cooler master like product.

So how would I go about getting all this connected and synced? This is where I get extremely lost. From my understanding I would want to buy a Commander Pro by Corsair for the main Fan hub. I would wire all my LL fans and my stock CM case fans to this hub with 4 pin connectors for pwm? Then I will have to have a corsair RGB splitter hub to connected to the Commander pro to control RGBS through out all my fans at one time, correct? Will my stock CM fans being aRGB plug directly into the RGB splitter from corsair or should plug those directly into one aRGB header on the mobo and use the other aRGB header for the commander pro? And from there would I need the lighting node by corsair, or would the Commander pro wire directly to my aRGB header on my motherboard and usb 2.0 for software control through aura? I do know I will have to get a usb 2.0 spliiter for all the hubs. Im fully confident in getting a complete corsair ecosystem going through icue, im just a little lost on the integration with my 500m case fans being aRGB and going through Aura, ive seen tons of case builds where this is the case but cannot find an in depth explanation of the integration between the two products. Any tip or input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

devbiker

Commendable
Dec 9, 2017