Question H55 enough to cool overclocked GTX 1080 with NZXT G12?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

PlymouthJoseph

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2014
Hi guys,

My GPU (EVGA GTX 1080 Classified) is somewhat overheating with the normal heatsink (82°c gaming, 92°c+ synthetic) so I am going to be installing the NZXT G12 with a H55. Only thing I am worried about, is the H55 going to be enough to cool it?

At the moment, the GPU is overclocked and will hit 2050MHz while gaming and will struggle to keep 2000MHz while doing synthetic loads. My case (NZXT S340 Elite) has plenty of airflow (2x SP140 for intake and 2x AF120 for exhaust) with an ambient temperature of 25°c.

I plan on installing the radiator on the rear-exhaust of the case, but I am very worried it wont be enough cooling power to cool the GPU.
I am also worried about the VRMs and VRAM chips. I do plan on buying heatsinks for them, but I do not know what to get.
Also, is there any way I can keep the backplate installed? Really hoping I can...

If there is any more information you need, feel free to comment and I will get back ASAP.