H55 Motherboard with TV-out

Rich_01

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2010
Hi,
I'm toying with the idea of building a HTPC to link up to an old HDTV CRT TV that only has component inputs.

Ideally I'd like to use an I3-530 chip but I haven't been able to find any motherboards that provide a TV-Out connection. Does anyone know if such a thing exists?

Thanks,
Rich.

coldsleep

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2009
You might have more luck looking for an adapter or cable that converts HDMI or DVI to component.

EDIT: I don't think I've ever seen a motherboard or standard graphics card that does component out.

Further edit: I'd try looking at monoprice.com for converters. I found a few in a quick search, though I'm not convinced they're exactly like what you're looking for. Alternatively, you could see about salvaging one from a PS3, as I believe there's an option to buy an HDMI -> component cable, and it should work, since the PS3 uses plain old HDMI rather than a proprietary output.

All current motherboards use HDMI as the video output, but I think converters exist. I'm not positive that they do, and I don't know how expensive they may be or where you would most likely find them.

You may find it easier to just buy a cheap used HDTV with an HDMI input.