h55m-e33 - not booting past post

yardglass

Honorable
Oct 16, 2013
Hi all,

not sure if i'm posting in the section.

But i'm currently having trouble booting up my MS I- H55M-E33 MoBo after installing 8GB ram, it boots up, then shuts down after getting the confirmed beep, then does it again and again.

But when i remove one 4GB ram stick out, it seems to boot up fine with just 4 GB

Could it be low voltage or not enough, or could it be my BIOS that needs to be flashed again?

I'm currently running bios AMI v1.A (pretty sure its up to date)

CPU - i5 661 - 3.3ghz
Chipset - Intel - havendale/clarkdale host bridge
MoBo - H55m-e33
Ram - gskill.ddr3 1333 - 9.9.9.24 1.5v
GPU - radeon hd 6670 - 2gb sapphire
OS - win 7 64-bit

Solution
The two different colors or banks is your channel. If you have dual channel Ram, then it should be installed in the Black bank or Blue bank. or whatever color it may be to run dual channel. They should be a matching pair as well.

yardglass

Honorable
Oct 16, 2013

I have done this multiple of times, and both boot up fine, i'm just confused as what it can be.

I even changed my PSU thinking it was that thinking i was lacking power.

yardglass

Honorable
Oct 16, 2013

I'm pretty sure with MSI you dont have to have them in different slots to be registered cause i just use slot 1 and slot 2, preciously with 2x 2gb kingston 1333mhz, i'm tempted to try removing the cmos battery and leaving it out for a good 20 minutes or so, to see if that fixes it, but im not sure.

THey generasly plug into the same colored slots, either the Black or Blue or what ever the color may be. Slot 1 & 2 are of different color and that s done for a reason. I have seen 4 slot boards where the same color slots were next to on another.

yardglass

Honorable
Oct 16, 2013

I removed the CMOS battery for 15 minutes, turned on so it wiped itself, powered off, waited another 10 or so minutes and placed back in, put the 2x 4GB g.skills in, wouldn't go past post, I'm more leaning towards the bios some how has screwed it self up or i should stick with the Kingston ram sticks rather then g.skill ones. Hmmm

The two different colors or banks is your channel. If you have dual channel Ram, then it should be installed in the Black bank or Blue bank. or whatever color it may be to run dual channel. They should be a matching pair as well.

Solution

yardglass

Honorable
Oct 16, 2013

Funnily enough after i left the 2x 4gb g.skill into the ram slots and left the pc alone for 20 minutes turned off i decided to boot it up again to have another crack at it, and it worked weirdly, so i'm still unsure about this problem, but i reckon it'll happen again.