[SOLVED] H60 (2013) performing amazing still?

hazey123

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2012
So this AIO is almost 6 years old to the day. I bought it on may 23 2013 and have been using it since i bought it, and its still preforming amazing to this day. Something is telling me to Replace it because of its age, but thats why im asking here.. Should i get ready and switch it out, i was thinking with a N-D15.. So far no noise from the pump, but my main concern is the fluid. Evaporation? Corrosion? Not sure...

akef9ZI.jpg

Solution
As they age you are going to approach a failure date (whether this is a leak, a plugged loop, etc is a different discussion), I personally wouldnt trust an H60 past 6 years, I generally recommend trusting them up to or a bit past their warranty period.

That being said, the NH-D15 would perform substantially better than the H60 would.
As they age you are going to approach a failure date (whether this is a leak, a plugged loop, etc is a different discussion), I personally wouldnt trust an H60 past 6 years, I generally recommend trusting them up to or a bit past their warranty period.

That being said, the NH-D15 would perform substantially better than the H60 would.

Solution

hazey123

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2012

Thanks you very much for this comment. Im thinking going with a good air cooler with less points of failure is the best way to go , i plan on replacing them at the end of the month.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
The original series of H60's used a flexible almost plastic tubing (still very stiff) so coolant evaporation as such is almost negligible. However, what you get from constant heat and fluid is a breakdown on the molecular level, such as H²O ceases to be and becomes HO or H+H+O, which will eventually drop fluid levels as gas levels rise. Other components might lose much of their fluid nature and get thicker and more sludge like.
But this generally takes years of usage, a good starting point being 5yrs. After that, it's just a waiting game, if the cooler still works, great, but it's going to start getting gradually worse at some point until fluid levels are so low, the pump can't effectively pressurize the fluid volume and your temps go up drastically.

So yeah, it's time to start thinking about replacement, but you've got time to wait and watch for a good sale/deal, it's not failed so no rush.

Reactions: hazey123

TRENDING THREADS