H60, AM3 Bracket Problem

X-Fire

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2011
Sorry if I'm in the right part of the forum here. For that I'm sorry.

I've recently installed my Corsair H60 on my AM3+. Just now, I've noticed that the AM3 bracket has bent both sides; roughly 5-10 degrees. The temps on all 4 cores (AMD Phenom ll X4 BE @ 3.2GHz) are in between 25-27 degrees, so it's definitely doing its job.

All I wanted to know is if the bracket will be fine or not. I don't want it leaking or snapping or anything like that. Also, more importantly, I don't want it the damage the CPU.

What's you're input?

The unit should not leak, regardless of mounting position so don't worry yourself there :)
Could you post a pic of the bend for us?
I'm having a hard time visualisinig the problem,was there any struggle to tighten the screws?
but your temps seem fine so assuming the pic looks ok, I wouldn't worry yourself
Moto

slhpss

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011
I have the same cooler on an AM2+ board and the mounts on the cooler go off one on each of two sides parallel with the mobo. I noticed after installing that (due to my own fault) the bracket was bent, but this is because I screwed them in too much, which I guess is the same thing that you did. I still get great temps and it doesn't seem to be stressing the board at all so I didn't worry about it.

TRENDING THREADS