freebirdmaster

Honorable
Jan 17, 2013
Hey all,

Purchased a new Corasir H60 for my PC build that I'm working on, and I've been having some issues...

I will get the computer to boot, but when I go to do any installation of OS, or anything past the BIOS, the computer shuts down. When I go to restart, it gives me the Over Heating beeps as described by my motherboard. The fans are running, I can see that, but I dont know how to tell if the pump is running properly. Any advice? Should I just re-seat the cooler onto the processor and see what happens?

Thanks all,
FreeBird

austing

Honorable
Jul 10, 2012

Re-seat it, and if you put your ear up to the pump you should hear a tick, also, try feeling the corsair logo for a light vibration, should mean if its working.

Check in bios hardware monitor what your CPU temps are
Also take off the H60 block and check if the CPU i connecting with block. The block sometimes gets stuck on the capaciters close to the socket.
Might want to move it away from those (the block has some room to shift it off centre of something like that while stil ocvering the compelete CPU.v I hav mine offset a bit do to the same issue. But even if only 33% of the blck touching the CPU, I had decent enough tmeps to install everything and only when I was primin got test my OC did I notice the high tmep issue
You can test if the pump is working by touching pipes and if the pump is working it should be vibrating slightly from the flow.
The pump should be connected to the PWR fan header.

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
Will it never came in contact check to see if what stickman said is accurate.

Not sure of the h60 mounting but if its the same as the 100 you may want to try using the smaller double sided screws.

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008