[SOLVED] H61H2-AD 1.0 with an i5 3570k?

Mar 28, 2020
Currently im having a i5 2320 cpu connected to the motherboard. But i want to be able to connect an i5 3570k on it? is my motherboard able to handle that cpu?

Here is the MS

Operativsystemets namn Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.18363 build 18363
Ytterligare beskrivning av operativsystemet Inte tillgängligt
Operativsystemets tillverkare Microsoft Corporation
Datornamn DESKTOP-193N4FK
Datortillverkare Acer
Datormodell Veriton X2610G
Datortyp x64-based PC
System-SKU To be filled by O.E.M.
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2320 CPU @ 3.00GHz, 3001 Mhz, 4 kärnor, 4 logiska processorer
BIOS-version och -datum Acer P01-B0, 2011-10-18
SMBIOS-version 2.7
Version av inbäddad styrenhet 255.255
BIOS-läge Äldre
Baskortstillverkare Acer
Baskortsprodukt Veriton X2610G
Baskortsversion
Plattformsroll Arbetsstation
Tillstånd för säker start Stöds inte
PCR7-konfiguration Bindning är inte möjlig
Windows-katalog C:\WINDOWS
Systemkatalog C:\WINDOWS\system32
Startenhet \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Nationella inställningar Sverige
HAL (Hardware Abstraction Layer) Version = "10.0.18362.628"
Användarnamn DESKTOP-193N4FK\roman
Tidszon Västeuropa, normaltid
Installerat fysiskt minne (RAM) 8,00 GB
Sammanlagt fysiskt minne 7,94 GB
Tillgängligt fysiskt minne 4,15 GB
Sammanlagt virtuellt minne 11,3 GB
Tillgängligt virtuellt minne 6,84 GB
Växlingsfilsutrymme 3,31 GB
Växlingsfil C:\pagefile.sys
Kernel DMA-skydd Av
Virtualiseringsbaserad säkerhet Inte aktiverat
Enhetskrypteringsstöd Anledningar till att automatisk enhetskryptering misslyckats: TPM kan inte användas, PCR7-bindning stöds inte, Hardware Security Test Interface misslyckades och enheten använder inte vänteläge med anslutning, Otillåten buss/enhet med DMA-stöd identifierades, TPM kan inte användas
Hyper-V - Tillägg för VM-övervakningsläge Ja
Hyper-V - Tillägg för adressöversättning på nivå två Ja
Hyper-V - Virtualisering aktiverad i inbyggd programvara Ja
Hyper-V - Dataexekveringsskydd Ja

Solution
My system is Veriton X2610G

Found something:

https://us.answers.acer.com/app/ans...73.228685396.1585510072-1503117231.1585510072

So only the P01.XX BIOS versions will work on your system... you currently have the P01-B0 BIOS version, so you'll be able to update only to the P01-B0 from their website(it's newer compared to what you have), but not the P02. XX versions.

Your system is only 2nd gen sandy bridge compatible unfortunately... you don't have a BIOS update to support 3rd gen ivy bridge.
Currently im having a i5 2320 cpu connected to the motherboard. But i want to be able to connect an i5 3570k on it? is my motherboard able to handle that cpu?

Here is the MS

Operativsystemets namn Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.18363 build 18363
Ytterligare beskrivning av operativsystemet Inte tillgängligt
Operativsystemets tillverkare Microsoft Corporation
Datornamn DESKTOP-193N4FK
Datortillverkare Acer
Datormodell Veriton X2610G
Datortyp x64-based PC
System-SKU To be filled by O.E.M.
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2320 CPU @ 3.00GHz, 3001 Mhz, 4 kärnor, 4 logiska processorer
BIOS-version och -datum Acer P01-B0, 2011-10-18
SMBIOS-version 2.7
Version av inbäddad styrenhet 255.255
BIOS-läge Äldre
Baskortstillverkare Acer
Baskortsprodukt Veriton X2610G
Baskortsversion
Plattformsroll Arbetsstation
Tillstånd för säker start Stöds inte
PCR7-konfiguration Bindning är inte möjlig
Windows-katalog C:\WINDOWS
Systemkatalog C:\WINDOWS\system32
Startenhet \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Nationella inställningar Sverige
HAL (Hardware Abstraction Layer) Version = "10.0.18362.628"
Användarnamn DESKTOP-193N4FK\roman
Tidszon Västeuropa, normaltid
Installerat fysiskt minne (RAM) 8,00 GB
Sammanlagt fysiskt minne 7,94 GB
Tillgängligt fysiskt minne 4,15 GB
Sammanlagt virtuellt minne 11,3 GB
Tillgängligt virtuellt minne 6,84 GB
Växlingsfilsutrymme 3,31 GB
Växlingsfil C:\pagefile.sys
Kernel DMA-skydd Av
Virtualiseringsbaserad säkerhet Inte aktiverat
Enhetskrypteringsstöd Anledningar till att automatisk enhetskryptering misslyckats: TPM kan inte användas, PCR7-bindning stöds inte, Hardware Security Test Interface misslyckades och enheten använder inte vänteläge med anslutning, Otillåten buss/enhet med DMA-stöd identifierades, TPM kan inte användas
Hyper-V - Tillägg för VM-övervakningsläge Ja
Hyper-V - Tillägg för adressöversättning på nivå två Ja
Hyper-V - Virtualisering aktiverad i inbyggd programvara Ja
Hyper-V - Dataexekveringsskydd Ja
http://www.cpu-upgrade.com/mb-ECS/H61H2-A(V1.0).html

So it do fits, but do i need to update BIOS or something? cause when i change my cpu to an i5 3570k it beeps 4 times when im starting up the PC.
Version​
01/04/2013​

I already tried to do that. I replaced the CAP file inte my usb drive, but i can't find EZ flash utility settings in my BIOS.

Tips: Sök efter enbart svenska resultat. Du kan ange önskat språk för sökningarna i Inställningar

Sökresultat

To update your BIOS:

1.Make a bootable USB drive(with Rufus using FreeDOS) and copy afudosp.exe(from the afudos folder in the. zip with the BIOS file) and the .CAP file to the bootable drive.

2.Boot onto the USB drive and write the following command:

AFUDOSP FILENAME.CAP

Replace filename with the actual name of the cap file.

The system will reboot automatically after the BIOS flashing is completed.
Try installing your 3570k afterwards.

Last edited:

I already mentioned in my first post... in the afudos folder you'll find afudosp.exe.
Copy the .CAP + afudosp.exe on the bootable USB.

I don't know what ez flash utility settings are you referring to. To flash the BIOS boot from the USB and run the following command:

AFUDOSP FILENAME.CAP

Replace filename with the actual name of the cap file.

Mar 28, 2020
I already mentioned in my first post... in the afudos folder you'll find afudosp.exe.
Copy the .CAP + afudosp.exe on the bootable USB.

I don't know what ez flash utility settings are you referring to. To flash the BIOS boot from the USB and run the following command:
When i boot up with f12 and choose to boot up with my USB its just starting the PC regulary like normal.

When i boot up with f12 and choose to boot up with my USB its just starting the PC regulary like normal.

Are you sure that you made the USB bootable correctly?
Again... Rufus to make it bootable and choose FreeDOS as the environment, after that copy the files I told you to.

Here's a link to a tutorial, try following the steps there:

After making it bootable, in your case you just copy the afudosp. exe +. CAP file(make sure that they are copied to the root of the USB, not in any folder).

If it boots correctly to your USB, you should see a C:\ OR A:\ prompt where you enter the command I posted earlier.

Also, in the boot menu if it shows 2 options to boot from the USB drive, don't choose the one starting with UEFI:

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2020
Are you sure that you made the USB bootable correctly?
Again... Rufus to make it bootable and choose FreeDOS as the environment, after that copy the files I told you to.

Here's a link to a tutorial, try following the steps there:

After making it bootable, in your case you just copy the afudosp. exe +. CAP file(make sure that they are copied to the root of the USB, not in any folder).

If it boots correctly to your USB, you should see a C:\ OR A:\ prompt where you enter the command I posted earlier.

Also, in the boot menu if it shows 2 options to boot from the USB drive, don't choose the one starting with UEFI:

Here is a littlebit more information about my BIOS.
Version= P01-B0
At advance settings in BIOS there is one calls integrated peripherals, and the only USB settings is onboard USB controller Legacy USB support and USB storage emulation.

I think its the only USB option thats available, im at 1 st boot device, and its showing UEFI: USB DISK PRO PMAP
Hard disk: KINGSTON SA40037240g
CD&DVD
Removable device
LAN

Here is a littlebit more information about my BIOS.
Version= P01-B0
At advance settings in BIOS there is one calls integrated peripherals, and the only USB settings is onboard USB controller Legacy USB support and USB storage emulation.

I think its the only USB option thats available, im at 1 st boot device, and its showing UEFI: USB DISK PRO PMAP
Hard disk: KINGSTON SA40037240g
CD&DVD
Removable device
LAN

Enable the USB controller legacy support.
Also, did you manage to make the bootable USB correctly does it work(like in that tutorial) ?

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2020
Enable the USB controller legacy.
Also, did you manage to make the bootable USB correctly does it work?

Yes i did it correctly, i've updates BIOS on many computers before. But the only options that available in start up once i press f12 is the UEFI usb, nothing else.

Mar 28, 2020
If you have only the UEFI option... make the bootable usb again, but this time format it as GPT instead of FAT32... it should boot correctly through UEFI formatted this way.

I only get the option GPT when i use boot option: not bootable, and when i use FreeDos i can't change from MBR to GPT.

Mar 28, 2020
Ok... in your BIOS in the Advanced tab, you should find the Legacy OPROM Support option... enable that and save.

Leave the bootable usb as you made it the first time... mbr, fat32 with freedos.

Try booting from the USB again afterwards.

Can't find Legacy OPROM support optin.

Wait... you have the ACER H61H2-AD V1. 0 moterboard and not the ECS H61H2-A V1.0 motherboard linked by @CountMike.

SO, STOP TRYING TO FLASH THAT BIOS!!!

Their naming was so similar that I took everything as granted, but you have a completely different motherboard... is an Acer proprietary and the BIOS you just downloaded won't obviously work anyway...it's for a different motherboard.

Here are the supported CPUs for your ACER H61H2-AD V1. 0 motherboard:

snX6Ncf.jpg

So, the best you can upgrade to is a 65W TDP second gen intel CPU... that means only the S variants of the I5s will work, so the I5-2500S and I5 2400S on your current BIOS.

Your I5-3570K won't work on this motherboard because it is a 95W TDP chip... this is due to this motherboard power delivery limitations.

You can actually update your BIOS from their page here:

They have a BIOS that supports ivy bridge CPUs(3rd gen), but the I5-3570K won't work as it's a 95W TDP chip while the motherboard supports only 65W chips.

If you still wish to update your BIOS, they have a readme with instructions(inside the zip with the BIOS) on how to use their flashing tool directly from windows.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2020
Wait... you have the ACER H61H2-AD V1. 0 moterboard and not the ECS H61H2-A V1.0 motherboard linked by @CountMike.

SO, STOP TRYING TO FLASH THAT BIOS!!!

Their naming was so similar that I took everything as granted, but you have a completely different motherboard... is an Acer proprietary and the BIOS you just downloaded won't obviously work anyway...it's for a different motherboard.

Here are the supported CPUs for your ACER H61H2-AD V1. 0 motherboard:

snX6Ncf.jpg

So, the best you can upgrade to is a 65W TDP second gen intel CPU... that means only the S variants of the I5s will work, so the I5-2500S and I5 2400S on your current BIOS.

Your I5-3570K won't work on this motherboard because it is a 95W TDP chip... this is due to this motherboard power delivery limitations.

You can actually update your BIOS from their page here:

They have a BIOS that supports ivy bridge CPUs(3rd gen), but the I5-3570K won't work as it's a 95W TDP chip while the motherboard supports only 65W chips.

If you still wish to update your BIOS, they have a readme with instructions(inside the zip with the BIOS) on how to use their flashing tool directly from windows.

So i should get this one BIOS (lvy Bridge)

Mar 28, 2020
Even with the BIOS Update the I5 3570K won't work on your motherboard... it's a 77W TDP CPU and your mobo only supports 65W TDP CPUs.

Acer doesn't even have a CPU support list, but if I were to guess only the S series CPUs will work(e.g. I5-2400S,I5-2500S,I5-3470S,I5-3570S with the BIOS update).

I draged the AFUDOS file and the ROM file into my usb, but i don't know what to write to be able to update the bios, but it does boot up to the file.

I draged the AFUDOS file and the ROM file into my usb, but i don't know what to write to be able to update the bios, but it does boot up to the file.

If it boots up from your USB drive to the DOS environment with a C:\ or A:\ prompt, to update you need to run the following command:

AFUDOS yourbios.ROM /P /B /N /REBOOT

Replace "yourbios" with the actual name of the rom file.

Just beware that most likely your I5-3570K still won't probably work.

Mar 28, 2020
If it boots up from your USB drive to the DOS environment with a C:\ or A:\ prompt, to update you need to run the following command:

AFUDOS yourbios.ROM /P /B /N /REBOOT

Replace "yourbios" with the actual name of the rom file.

Just beware that most likely your I5-3570K still won't probably work.

When i write dir its says that the the bios name is P02-A0 2M,

and in the zip file rom the name is P02-A0.2M, so how should i write it?

Last edited: