Question H61M-DS2 DVI

Jun 20, 2019
Where in the bios could i change my integrated graphics to gpu.

I've tried 3 gpu's and they all show up no signal when plugged into, a gpu did die on me a couple of weeks ago and i thought i may have burnt the ports for the pci-e but the fans still spin when a molex is connected firmly.

So i'm thinking maybe i may have reset my bios defaults when i took out and plugged back in my cmos battery to run just integrated graphics..

Could someone help me switch? I've already ready the manual for the mobo and couldn't find anything on it, Thanks!

Jun 20, 2019
"Init Display First Specifies the first initiation of the monitor display from the installed PCI Express graphics card or the onboard graphics. Auto Lets BIOS automatically configure this setting. (Default) IGFX Sets the onboard graphics as the first display. PEG Sets the PCI Express graphics card on the PCIEX16 slot as the first display "

Could this be it?
And would i also need to change this one from auto to whatever?

"Internal Graphics Enables or disables the onboard graphics function. (Default: Auto)"

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
That setting will allow you to force Onboard Graphics or a GPU depending on the selection, however Auto will do it for you automatically.

Suffice to say I am pretty sure your problem is NOT the BIOS setting. If you are connecting GPUs that you know work, and you are not getting a signal, its NOT the GPU thats your issue. Does that board have another PCIe slot you can try? If not, then IMO your board is probably what failed, not the GPU.

Jun 20, 2019
That setting will allow you to force Onboard Graphics or a GPU depending on the selection, however Auto will do it for you automatically.

Suffice to say I am pretty sure your problem is NOT the BIOS setting. If you are connecting GPUs that you know work, and you are not getting a signal, its NOT the GPU thats your issue. Does that board have another PCIe slot you can try? If not, then IMO your board is probably what failed, not the GPU.

Yeah i punched my monitor a while back and my eletricity cut out. Was unable to get the pc working that night and went to bed. With the gpu plugged in i was getting no signal so i assumed it was the card. Went ahead and purchased a new card (which turned out to be a china fake and also didn't work.. lol) but i did get my refund.

Currently waiting for my GT 710 (1GB) to arrive, if i get no signal when that card arrives i'll just go and upgrade all the parts or just get a prebuilt system.

I'll make sure to update the post when the card arrives and let you know if it works. After all the card was a fake so who knows maybe my motherboard isn't dead after all. We'll see when the GT arrives.

Reactions: Rogue Leader