Question h61m-p21(b3) msi motherboard wont update bios via mflash

Aug 22, 2019
msi motherboard h61m-p21(b3) is what i have it was on bios 17.1 and im trying to get to bios 19.2 or even 19.0 so i can use the new cpu i bought which is an i5 3570(ivory bridge)

I download the bios onto my flash drive( i have tried multiple) and i go to my bios after putting it in the root folder just like i did for the first two bios update because ive been downloading the update intermittenly, under - m flash it will say that no bios file is found on the thumb drives root folder...

me and my father have been trying everything we can think of...like i said the first two worked perfectly fine...so i dont understand why this one wont go on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 22, 2019
hey yeh i ended up upgrading to the msi zh77a-g43 because it was obvious the mobo wasn't performing rite and would not except a bios update even with multiple msi workers trying to walk me thru it. the new board is full atx can hold 32gb of ram and supports ivory bridge like i wanted, i think it could also do sky lakes. thank you for your reply anyway though