H61M-S1 motherboard upgrade

rudragoswami072

Prominent
Jul 4, 2018
I want to upgrade my pc I have. H61M-S1 MOTHERBOARD I want to upgrade to gaming pc so tell me which is the best processor for gaming .(LOW BUDGET)
AND I HAVE ALSO 2GB DDR3 RAM MAX BANDWIDTH IS 667MHz SO I CAN INCREASE 2GB MORE ??

Solution
Gigabyte GA-H61M-S1 Specifications Page

Based on this (and assuming a 64-bit version OS), you can upgrade to a max 16GB (2x8GB RAM). If you have two 1GB RAM modules, you'll need to replace what you have. If you have one 2GB RAM module, you could add one to it. Personally, I'd recommend replacing what you have with at least 8GB 2x4GB RAM. Again, this assumes you have a 64-bit OS installed.

As for the processor, the best I'd recommend would be the Intel Core I7-3770.

What you can do really depends on your budget. What is "LOW"? $25? $250? We need a figure to work with here.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
Gigabyte GA-H61M-S1 Specifications Page

Based on this (and assuming a 64-bit version OS), you can upgrade to a max 16GB (2x8GB RAM). If you have two 1GB RAM modules, you'll need to replace what you have. If you have one 2GB RAM module, you could add one to it. Personally, I'd recommend replacing what you have with at least 8GB 2x4GB RAM. Again, this assumes you have a 64-bit OS installed.

As for the processor, the best I'd recommend would be the Intel Core I7-3770.

What you can do really depends on your budget. What is "LOW"? $25? $250? We need a figure to work with here.

-Wolf sends

Solution
Jan 10, 2019
Not a solution but a question regarding this i7-3770 cpu .... What is the best motherboard STILL around and capable of making this cpu (i7-3770) work ? And also keep my 32gb ddr3 . My motherboard crashed and now stuck with this cpu which i find great for what i do for now in 3d and graphics .

Thanks for your help .

TRENDING THREADS