[SOLVED] H7 Cryorig Removal

checott

Prominent
Dec 26, 2019
Hey guys,

Need to flip my fans in my case however my Cryorig h7 quad cooler is smack bang in the middle of where I need to work, meaning I can’t flip my fans. I’m trying to remove my cooler, however instead of screws on the back there are 4 hexagonal pillars going into it. How do I remove these? There is absolutely nowhere for a screwdriver to enter and I am stuck.

Solution
I had that cooler in an older build.
I believe you are referring to the rear bracket. Unfortunately, you can't remove the rear bracket without removing the tower (and basically everything in front) first.

If you do want to remove the heatsink, you have to take off the attached fan first. Should be as simple as detaching the wireframe holding it in place, it goes where the screws would go in a case fan.
Jan 14, 2021
I had that cooler in an older build.
I believe you are referring to the rear bracket. Unfortunately, you can't remove the rear bracket without removing the tower (and basically everything in front) first.

If you do want to remove the heatsink, you have to take off the attached fan first. Should be as simple as detaching the wireframe holding it in place, it goes where the screws would go in a case fan.

Solution