wisher75

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009
I'm running an h70 with I7 930 running completely stock speeds atm due to temp concerns. The room temp is about 75F and have a cooler master 6900 adv. with every fan slot filled and some that i even zipped tied in there, (yes i know it might be trashy or "not clean" by some standards but i like it cool : ) Oh and I applied Arctic Silver 5 paste like a day or so ago. Regardless, the cpu temp is running like 35C on stock settings and running the h70 as intake. The temp after I applied the paste was ~29.95C. I attempted a 3.8ghz overclock today but my memory is garbo so that failed terribly. However, why would my cpu be running higher at idle now and why so high? Please help me I'm confused.

G

AS 5 requires 200 Hrs set time, how are your case fans configured exactly, which are out, which are in.

H70 is no better than a good Air Cooler, so temps not too bad at 35 idle ,But could be a little lower like by 3/4 degrees, what are load temps?

wisher75

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009
2 top 140mm exhaust fans, 2 side 120mm intake fans, three front 120mm intake fans two ultra kaze 120mm intake fans on the bottom, cpu tray fan 80mm intake, system blower, and the 2 120mm fans for h70. and load temps are about ~57.25 after like 5 min at 100%.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
The H70 is about as good as good air coolers. It also sounds like your BIOS settings are somewhat suspect if you can't sustain an overclock. Most high temps and crashes from overclocking are due to user error with BIOS settings.

After your failed overclocking, did you check your BIOS settings to see if everything is back to stock? If not, it might explain your higher temps now. Voltages are your enemy...they equal higher temps.

Also, this needs to be moved to the watercooling forum. I'll send a message to the mods to move it.