[SOLVED] H710i case fan query

Nov 29, 2021
I usually tend to go aesthetic but this time around I've chosen noctua fans. Nf-F12 X3 for my radiator. NF-A14, 2 at the front and one in the back. Theoretically that should be really good performance and thermal wise right? Rear and top will be exhaust front would be intake. Is it worth sacrificing the aesthetic for the cooling performance? Have you guys actually seen huge improvements? Also I was doing 2 x 140s at the front instead of 3 x 120s because it's quieter right? What's the best recommended setup with the noctua fans you guys recommend? The rgb option was just going to be all LL120s. But the airflow is just a joke when you compare with the noctua.

Solution
NF-F12s are not good radiator fans, contrary to Noctua advertising as such. Different story with their A12x25 and likely their Redux P12.
F12s do not move much air below 1000rpm, and they have this annoying hum/buzz to them when you do run them above that. I figure those 11 'stator guide vanes' on the backside have something to do with it, as none of their other fans have that many.
I can barely tolerate them at 70%, and I sit about 1.5m from my PC.

TommyTwoTone66

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 24, 2021
I use a solid case because all PC parts look ugly to me. I’ve never really understood the obsession with showing off heat sinks and fans and PCBs.

noctua fans are the best in the world in my view. They have high airflow and are also pretty much the quietest fans you can buy. There’s no comparison.

for me, thinking about cooling, “huge improvements” are not really the aim. Balancing performance and noise is the real aim. It’s much easier to achieve that with noctua fans.

Reactions: Ashie
Nov 29, 2021
I use a solid case because all PC parts look ugly to me. I’ve never really understood the obsession with showing off heat sinks and fans and PCBs.

noctua fans are the best in the world in my view. They have high airflow and are also pretty much the quietest fans you can buy. There’s no comparison.

for me, thinking about cooling, “huge improvements” are not really the aim. Balancing performance and noise is the real aim. It’s much easier to achieve that with noctua fans.

Okay that's good advice. I'm planning to get the noctuas anyway. I'm just curious if having things be cooler increase performance or anything. I know it'll help sustain the life of the products but still.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
NF-F12s are not good radiator fans, contrary to Noctua advertising as such. Different story with their A12x25 and likely their Redux P12.
F12s do not move much air below 1000rpm, and they have this annoying hum/buzz to them when you do run them above that. I figure those 11 'stator guide vanes' on the backside have something to do with it, as none of their other fans have that many.
I can barely tolerate them at 70%, and I sit about 1.5m from my PC.

Solution