H80 fan controller not working!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

constepatdyak

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2011
Hello,
Hello,My H80 fan controller block won't light up the profiles! When I turn the pc on, it lights up for half a second then it blacks out. I can't press anything to make it change profiles, and Speedfan and my mobo won't detect the RPM, but the fans are running. Did my connector short circuit or something? I think the fans are now spinning at 100%...it's really loud. This only just happened yesterday, after I cable management. Before for past month it was perfect. Can anyone please help?
Asrock Z68 extreme 3 gen 3
2500k @ 4.5ghz
16gb vengeance dual channel
GTX 570

Solution
Hmm did you check the cpu temps in the bios?? Is the water actually pumping through the radiator?? If its not doing any of this then the product must be faulty. May as well swap it for another one, pretty sure it comes with a 12 month warranty from corsair.

azed3000

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2012
Are you sure you connected the wires properly? I also use a cosair H80, make sure you have connected the 4 pin power cable directly to the PSU, and the 2 fans connected to the centre console (where the profiles light up) Then theres another wire which comes out from the center console which plugs in to the mother board.

From what you've just said, it sounds like you connected to two fans directly to the motherboard

constepatdyak

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2011

no. it is conected to the centre console. now I've discovered one of the fan will not spin. I've tried another port besides centre console, but it is still not spinning. the other one spins fine. I have the Molex connector with 2 pin things that came with the h80 connected, but lights ain't working.

azed3000

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2012
Hmm did you check the cpu temps in the bios?? Is the water actually pumping through the radiator?? If its not doing any of this then the product must be faulty. May as well swap it for another one, pretty sure it comes with a 12 month warranty from corsair.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.