[SOLVED] H80i letting cpu reach 90-100 degrees after one prime95 cycle.

Solution
seemed like the advice was to plug the pump into a system fan or pump header. and plug the radiator fan into a cpu fan header.

this is a recommended process for water cooling

you probably should post your setup for best advice.

i am having a similar issue to this poster, but their thread was locked for some reason so I couldnt ask for clarification. https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/h80i-letting-the-cpu-reach-95-degrees-c-panic.2183736/

Corsair link is reporting cpu pkg at 90-100 degrees and h80i pump reading ~30.

Running a modest 4.4 OC @40 offset voltage on an i5 8600k. In general the chip ran hot though.
seemed like the advice was to plug the pump into a system fan or pump header. and plug the radiator fan into a cpu fan header.

this is a recommended process for water cooling

you probably should post your setup for best advice.

i am having a similar issue to this poster, but their thread was locked for some reason so I couldnt ask for clarification. https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/h80i-letting-the-cpu-reach-95-degrees-c-panic.2183736/

Running a modest 4.4 OC @40 offset voltage on an i5 8600k. In general the chip ran hot though.

Solution

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
What was the clarification you wanted?

The thread was closed because we don't do "all-purpose threads" with most topics. The best way to get help is to start a thread (as you have) with a detailed description of your history of the problem and your full specs (which you haven't), not jump in at the end of a five-year-old thread with a vaguely similar problem.

100 degrees is the thermal limit for CPUs so depending on your settings there might be nothing wrong,if you have it on a silent settings for example it will let the system get as hot as possible within save limits before ramping up the cooling and becoming loud.
If you put it on highest performance/cooling and you still get 100 degrees than there is something you should fix.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
What are the temperatures without an overclock? And what are your Prime95 settings? It's very easy to get unrealistic results with an AVX workload. Especially since this is only a 120mm radiator as it'll have trouble scaling to higher levels of heat quickly; even though this is one of the best 120mm AIOs, it's still a 120mm and it's hard to recommend these for overclocking over air at the same price unless there's a space issue.

TRENDING THREADS