marshal11

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2012
I just mounted my H80i in my Blackhawk case and everything was going great. but, then i updated the H80i firmware to 1.4.... now, the fans run at 100%, LED isn't getting power and the whole unit including the fans are undetectable by Corsair link 2. i tried restoring my computer to yesterday and reinstalling without updating the firmware but it didn't work. is there a fix to this?

Solution
well I can't recommend anything until we can get you upto speed with info :) head down to the watercooling sticky, located in my sig, and take some time to read it through :)

from there you can position yourself with a budget, order, layout and maybe a sort of theme you'd like to work with.

Dazmode is really popular in Canada, he's been a good watercooler e-tailer for a while. Might want to check out his site however the sticky would be the first for both pros and newcomers.

You're welcome.

Lutfij

Titan

marshal11

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2012
i have contacted customer support but they haven't responded and won't be for a while because customer support is unavailable during holidays. thanks for your effort to help me. i'm also searching far and wide across google.

yes, it was necessary to update the firmware to get rid of the loud pump noise and the fan grinding noise. this was caused by the pump and fans getting weird voltages. it made the fans and pump sound like they were destroying themselves.

i've already looked at both of those links in my search to fix the problem. :(

Lutfij

Titan
can you fall back on a backup cooler? kinda hate to break it to you but the closed loop coolers aren't faring well these days. If anything goes wrong its the old customer support routine. If you're interested maybe we could help you with getting a *real* watercooling loop.

I own an H50 (thas been modded) but I'll retire it from my system. Read too many horror stories with Closed loop cooler failure and deaths that I decided to go for the real thing. Furthermore, I can troubleshoot my problems-> provided I chose the right parts :)

marshal11

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2012

Strange, my last reply didn't go through. sorry bout that. I'm still using my H80i for now, i just plugged the fans into a 4pin y splitter cable and i'm controlling them with speedfan. i'm going to ship it back this week. i sent an RMA and they approved. I still have my 212+ but i'll just use my stock intel HSF because it's so easy to install and uninstall for when i get my new H80i.

I've already made a couple custom loops with my buddies and wanted to do one for mine, but hell i had to chop up my case just to fit a closed loop cooler. i plan on getting a HAF X Blue edition and a high end custom loop for my 3770k and gtx 680 lightning. the 680 runs a little hot because i have a OC of 1425MHz (1006MHz stock) and 7.2Gbps (6Gbps stock). though i'm still not very up to date on what's good for custom loops. If possible, can you recommend a good manufacturer and a site that will ship those parts to Canada? thanks bud.

Lutfij

Titan
well I can't recommend anything until we can get you upto speed with info :) head down to the watercooling sticky, located in my sig, and take some time to read it through :)

from there you can position yourself with a budget, order, layout and maybe a sort of theme you'd like to work with.

Dazmode is really popular in Canada, he's been a good watercooler e-tailer for a while. Might want to check out his site however the sticky would be the first for both pros and newcomers.

You're welcome.

Solution