[SOLVED] h81m-k motherboard problem or not

Jan 14, 2019
2 years ago, I tried i5 4460 CPU on my h81m-k and It didn't booted. And seller said it doesn't support it but it really does support and my bios version was 1104 . I have a question does motherboard bios affect cpu or was it broken cpu? And seller even recommended me getting 4430 is good for my motherboard and I got it. Because I had no knowledge. Here's link for ASUS h81m-k CPU support. ASUS h81m-k CPU support
Now my specs are
CPU: i5 4430 3.00ghz
Motherboard: h81m-k
GPU: GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB
RAM: 8gb
HDD: 2TB
PSU: 500w
And I'm willing to upgrade my pc to i7 4790 and GTX 1050 Ti 4gb I need some advices.

Solution
If it wasn´t working and your BIOS then was 1104, most probably the motherboard is faulty. Something like bent CPU socket pins of the motherboard. Or you didn´t clear the CMOS after updating the BIOS.
The 4460 was supported since BIOS version 0703.

You should update the BIOS to the latest version 3602 to be sure the microcode of the CPU is known by the BIOS. But the 4790 should be supported since 0703 as well.

Maybe this can help:
*Before using the new Intel 4th Gen Core processors, we suggest that you first download the BIOS updater for new Intel 4th Gen Core Processors and then update the BIOS using this tool.

so instead of using the ezflash utility within the BIOS, use the BIOS updater tool and update the version with this one...
If it wasn´t working and your BIOS then was 1104, most probably the motherboard is faulty. Something like bent CPU socket pins of the motherboard. Or you didn´t clear the CMOS after updating the BIOS.
The 4460 was supported since BIOS version 0703.

You should update the BIOS to the latest version 3602 to be sure the microcode of the CPU is known by the BIOS. But the 4790 should be supported since 0703 as well.

Maybe this can help:
*Before using the new Intel 4th Gen Core processors, we suggest that you first download the BIOS updater for new Intel 4th Gen Core Processors and then update the BIOS using this tool.

so instead of using the ezflash utility within the BIOS, use the BIOS updater tool and update the version with this one. The updater can be downloaded with the BIOS update 0805. Only use the updater, not tha 0805 BIOS and after that, use ezflash within BIOS to update to version 3602.

Solution