[SOLVED] H97 Plus Motherboard

Feb 8, 2019
Hey, I have a pc with h97-plus motherboard, 8 gb ram , i5-440S and gtx 960 2gb vram. I want to get the new rtx 2060 or the gtx 1070 8gb vram version with 250gb ssd and 8 more gb of ram (totally 16gb).. My main priority is recording, streaming and doing some vfx work.. I just wanna know if my motherboard will support all the above. Would be pleased to get replies as soon as possible. Thanks.

Solution
https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/H97PLUS/specifications/

With your ram; Best to buy same brand, same speed, same capacity and same timings. For example, if you had G.Skill DDR-1600 2x4GB CL10 then you would be best buying exactly the same. Memory with different speeds or timings may work, but there is no guarantees. If you mix speeds, the lowest speed will be what the PC will run at. If you had 2 x 4GB and added a single 8GB then you would no longer run dual channel, which may have a detrimental impact on performance.

You don't say whether you want a M.2 PCie NVMe SSD or SATA SSD. The first one is fastest, depending on brand. For NVMe your bios must be at least v2.01. A SATA drive will be cheaper, 4 times faster than a HDD. The...

Tanyac

Reputable
https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/H97PLUS/specifications/

With your ram; Best to buy same brand, same speed, same capacity and same timings. For example, if you had G.Skill DDR-1600 2x4GB CL10 then you would be best buying exactly the same. Memory with different speeds or timings may work, but there is no guarantees. If you mix speeds, the lowest speed will be what the PC will run at. If you had 2 x 4GB and added a single 8GB then you would no longer run dual channel, which may have a detrimental impact on performance.

You don't say whether you want a M.2 PCie NVMe SSD or SATA SSD. The first one is fastest, depending on brand. For NVMe your bios must be at least v2.01. A SATA drive will be cheaper, 4 times faster than a HDD. The NVMe drive will mean you cannot use SATA ports 5 & 6 but will give you much faster boot and program load times.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS