Status
Not open for further replies.

Voodoo8648

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2015
Somebody has been remotely accessing my computer since at least November 2021. Unfortunately, it turns out that I've been leaving some accounts open in my browser when I goto bed and then hacker accesses those logged in accounts when I am away. Usually around 5:30am local time. One of those accounts was one of my Crypto accounts. They withdrew all my funds to an unrecognized bank account. Two months later they accessed my Amazon account and made several purchases for expensive items. This is how I found out about all of this after looking at my credit card statement. Well, I changed my passwords and uninstalled all Remote Desktop software from my computer that I am aware of including Chrome Remote Desktop, Team Viewer, and Skype. I am using Windows 10 Home which doesn't come with RDP Sharing built in. I checked today and my computer was accessed remotely AGAIN just this morning and they tried to buy something on Amazon but my credit card was already canceled, so the order was denied. I check my browser history and can confirm these are coming from my browser. How can I find out HOW this hacker keeps remoting into my system? SSH Tunneling? I need to stop this. This PC is work related and essential.

BlueGhost82

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2013
I would go ahead and back up data and reinstall windows. If they have been on it all this time there is no telling what else they could have done to the system. Check other pcs you have on the network. If sharing was enabled its possible they could have injected items into other computers.

miha2

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2009
Thread created almost 2 months ago, but... Try Wireshark. I think that will tell you everything about access to your PC. Also, try to install some firewall and see which programs start at the time when the hacker is on your computer again. Try to block that IP, and anything else you can find. Install some antivirus (NOT free one, but paid; you can try most antiviruses for 15-30 days)

Status
Not open for further replies.